Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1983 300D Turbo
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok got a breif sunny period today so I snapped A few pics for those of you who want to see them.

Dave and Lauren

Attachments

A

·
0 Posts
nise looking DT. very excellent condition. i like the roof rack. why does ur oil pressure gauge show full pressure when the motor's off? (unless the motor was on and cold, and ur tach doesnt work, but i dont know that.) if the tach is not working, clean the magnetic tach sensor mounted by the flywheel with some spray, and wipe it off, that should do the trick.

·
Registered
1982 300d turbordies
48 Posts
Cool to see another rider sporting a W123. I also have that Yakima rack, need one more tray, and I'll have the gold version. What do you mostly ride, MTB?

kef

·
Registered
1983 300D Turbo
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Amsoil300cdt;
Yes it is running and cold. Actually the tack is intermitant. I was told to clean the large black cylidrical thing (I think its a diagnosis port?) on the front drivers fender. Well that fixed it. But the electrical contact cleaner I used melted some white plastic stuff in there. I have yet to get back in and fix it. I have given up working on cars when the temprature is in the thirties. So soon enough it will look much better. Thanks for the fly wheel tip though I will remember it.
Kef;
We actually ride road mainly. I trashed my knee when I was 14 competeing in a mountain bike race. Couple more good jolts and I'll have to get a brand new one.[:(] We mainly ride the great ohio bike adventure (http://www.goba.com 300 miles in a week. its a really fun ride. The rack is up there because the 300d is getting ready to be a support vehical for the ride. Well its in June but I'm tring to get it together now. My wife rides a recumbent. I don't know if you can tell the one rack is longer than the other. I'm tring to customize the racks. I need to carry 5 bikes 5 people and camping gear for 5. May need to add a trailer. Know of anyone whose done that yet? Any advice is apprecated.
Thanks
Dave and Lauren

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Hey Dave & Lauren,

The car seems more white than I imagined. Yes perhaps it is indeed Ivory White, that's what I first thought of when I saw it.

The car's pinstripe amuses me, I've never seen one like yours--that goes all the way to the trunk. Not bad at all, just something new to see. [;)]

Enjoy!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts