Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1389 Posts

·
Registered
8,900 Posts

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,077 Posts
I like this guy's attitude. When surrounded by million Dollar supercars he says his most valuable is his father's 1955 side-valve Morris Minor.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/motoring/see-something-like-buy-man-100m-car-collection-reveals-garage/
I have 2 car collector friends here who made their dream home. One has all his 108/116/111 coupes and 123 wagon downstairs with lift and tools, 2 floors w 4 Br/ 5 ba above for himself, except a weekend GF stopping by.
The other bought a warehouse with lifts etc, his assorted 911 and Morris Minor's, and lives in an apartment he build above.
He said that after one divorce, he is much happier with the cars :grin

His racing green Morris minor woody is my favorite.

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
His racing green Morris minor woody is my favorite.
Morris Minor traveler I presume? The "station wagon" version? HIGHLY collectible.

Two old jokes: the wood was the only thing that held it together and only British Leyland could make wood rust :grin

Attachments

·
39,077 Posts
Morris Minor traveler I presume? The "station wagon" version? HIGHLY collectible.

Two old jokes: the wood was the only thing that held it together and only British Leyland could make wood rust :grin
That's the one, beautiful.
Didn't they make the (Morris) Hindustan Ambassador, with fintails no less, until 2014 in India?
There should be some great oldtimer classics stored away all over India, but it's supposed to be next to impossible to get them out.

·
39,077 Posts
Wheels I like...

I like the wheels too, but low riders or extreme slam on classic Mercedes?
Driving to my little warehouse sometimes via Whitsett across the soccer park in North Hollywood, I would sometimes see parked a Mercedes 300 Adenauer sedan, someone had turned into a lowrider.
I could almost feel my eyes hurt, and had to avoid looking at the 'monstrosity.'

·
39,077 Posts
Installing the MOST INSANE Car Lift Ever DREAM GARAGE

It appears to be made by a Californian company, but it's probably not the greatest solution in the earthquake region here.

·
Registered
8,900 Posts

Two old jokes: the wood was the only thing that held it together and only British Leyland could make wood rust /forums/images/BenzWorld2/smilies/tango_face_grin.png

That's the one, beautiful.
Didn't they make the (Morris) Hindustan Ambassador, with fintails no less, until 2014 in India?
There should be some great oldtimer classics stored away all over India, but it's supposed to be next to impossible to get them out.
I think in the UK that was called the Austin Cambridge. Only the later ones had the Batmobile wings. The early ones were more like a Mark 2 or Mark 3 jag - Jello-mold. My brother's father in law had one in a barn in rural Minnesota back in the early 90s.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,562 Posts
It appears to be made by a Californian company, but it's probably not the greatest solution in the earthquake region here.
I agree.."Not For California"...My distant family had their pool "rock and roll" while in Granada Hills in Feb 1971. It then poured into their bedroom. But the homes across the street all collapsed as they were built "on the fill" of the homes dug out on my family's side of the hill.

The Van Norman Dam, between Granada Hills and Sylmar, was also in danger of failing. A flood would have caused thousands of deaths. We spent the day on higher ground, with friends in Chatsworth, until the danger passed.

The hospital split open on the right side and a wheel chair was stuck in the gap on a higher story..(built to Federal standards and not California codes..) Very scary times indeed..as the Van Norman Dam barely held with it's backfill of earth..........

Those cars on that cool lift would rock and roll into each other for sure.....

·
39,077 Posts
I agree.."Not For California"...My distant family had their pool "rock and roll" while in Granada Hills in Feb 1971. It then poured into their bedroom. But the homes across the street all collapsed as they were built "on the fill" of the homes dug out on my family's side of the hill.

The Van Norman Dam, between Granada Hills and Sylmar, was also in danger of failing. A flood would have caused thousands of deaths. We spent the day on higher ground, with friends in Chatsworth, until the danger passed.

The hospital split open on the right side and a wheel chair was stuck in the gap on a higher story..(built to Federal standards and not California codes..) Very scary times indeed..as the Van Norman Dam barely held with it's backfill of earth..........

Those cars on that cool lift would rock and roll into each other for sure.....
No earthquakes in Germany, but we went through two fairly big ones during our time in Iran, and in that part of the world you never know how many palms had been greased, so buildings are never really up to spec.
I lived in Tarzana during the 'last big' 6.7 magnitude 94 earthquake centered in nearby Northridge.
The recent 7.1 earthquakes epicenter luckily was in the desert, halfway between L.A. and Vegas. Had it been close ....
I was told the recent 7.1 was two and a half times more powerful than the 6.7 in 1994.

·
Registered
7,562 Posts
I lived in Tarzana during the 'last big' 6.7 magnitude 94 earthquake centered in nearby Northridge.

Yes,..Northridge was also a terrible event. I remember the views of the pancaked buildings and people running and unsure what to do or how to stop the ensuing fires ..

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
1341 - 1360 of 1389 Posts
About this Discussion
1.4K Replies
57 Participants
GreenT
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing