Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
+ 1 The reason why a large percentage of the patrons were professional musicians themselves. I am not knocking the baked potato jazz club and am glad the place is still kicking after its founding in 1970, .....
Interestingly, Nancy Sinatra is sitting with Don Randi as they're both dispensing information in 'The Wrecking Crew' documentary.

Don must have bought that small piece of real estate in the early days.

I was lucky enough to catch the tail end of the famed Palomino club, on Lankershim in North Hollywood before it closed for good.
Funeee, it came to mind just the other day, spent many memorable nights there plus it pops up in a few movies, an institution. Please tell me how, why, when etc, of the closure - if you know.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
39,470 Posts
Interestingly, Nancy Sinatra is sitting with Don Randi as they're both dispensing information in 'The Wrecking Crew' documentary.

Don must have bought that small piece of real estate in the early days.

Funeee, it came to mind just the other day, spent many memorable nights there plus it pops up in a few movies, an institution. Please tell me how, why, when etc, of the closure - if you know.
Remember FM station on the corner of Lankershim & Victory (where Colfax forks S), and the owner nick named Filthy McNasty, actually Willie from Berlin?
When FM station closed in late 90's, weekly jam sessions run by a Welsh buddy, Mikel Japp and ex Vanilla Fudge (hell of a band) bass heavyweight Tim Bogert, moved 100 yards E to Captains Cabin.
I remember North Hollywood from E of the 170Fwy and the park on Magnolia all the way past Vineland, when the area was home to an assortment of addicts and homeless people.
Crack whores was always a misnomer, addicts hustling to pay for crack was probably a better way to put it.
The area has been completely gentrified and is called NoHo, but even now going N on Lankershim past Burbank and all the way to San Fernando Rd, everything is predominantly Latino.
FM station is the Corona Club, Captain Cabin changed name and clientele, and so forth.
Btw, as this is the drumming thread, Carmine Appice as a drummer I like, as a person........

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
39,470 Posts
Off the cuff semi Faces reunion
Nice Kenney Jones solo from 4:20 . From Small Faces, to Faces, to The Who, not too shabby.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts