Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1992 500 SL
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My high idle was due to previous owner enriching the fuel mixture to mask the effect of a vacuum leak. Now that idle is reduced I need to fix the leak.

Since all the hoses under the engine appear brittle, is there a kit to replace all the hoses? How many are there?

A video to show how?

Thanks

·
Registered
1992 500 SL
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good eve.,you can purchase the clear tubing from autohaus by the foot, not very expesive
Thanks... I got the word about the vacuum leak from a mechanic that has looked at it. I have not yet tried to find the leak.

How many vacuum hoses could it be?
If it is not too difficult I thought instead of tracking the leak down I would just replace all hoses, but I do not know what hoses to replace.

Any resources showing where they are of what size hose to buy?

·
Registered
1992 500 SL
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi,

I found a post about a w140 that was linked to from a r129 post to show vacuum lines, but does anyone know if the w140 info is the same? Same engine? It appears to be the m119. Is it the same layout etc?

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w140-s-class/1388726-what-these-lines.html#post2983486

One post said there were 4 vacuum lines for the r129, can anyone verify and tell me where they are? and go?

planning to replace tomorrow with plugs.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts