Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a U1700 dump truck... it had been sitting for some time, but only has 8K miles and 700 hours on it. This thing is a giant compared to the 1200s, 1300s, and 1500's I'm used to. After a few hours of wrenching on it to get it running and the brakes half working, it was good enough to throw a schmidt plow on and clear a couple of parking lots. This is the first time I have actually owned a mog in the winter since I have started fooling with them several years ago, so I was excited to actually use one to plow with... it works great, just wish the bed didn't obstruct the view so much :).

Cheers,
Ben

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
Looks Good!

Hi Ben,

She looks good.

Is that unit from a private school in New England via VA? It looks familiar.

Big axles too. Ahh, that must be the one you spoke of yesterday.

Rgds,

-Sean

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sean,

That is the one from the private school in New England, then Lou Yarbrough's truck in VA... It's a little rough around the edges, but mechaincally sound. It was one of the bunch I was telling Steve about.

I ended up with about half of Lou's mogs, most of the impliments, and his '04 Dodge truck. The 406 cabrio, case 406, u1200 Ag, U1300L with snow plow, and U1500 Ag are still there, Prices are still a bit high IMO though or I would have bought them all.

Cheers,
Ben

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ben,

What are they asking for the white 406 ? The last time I talked to the girls they wouldn't give me a price. They were only interested in taking offers.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Meredith told me $8500 on the white 406 (case truck with contenintal ag tires and square headlights sitting behind the barn). I'm sure it can probably be bought cheaper, but by how much I don't know.

Cheers,
Ben

1 - 6 of 6 Posts