Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 200 R171
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my SLK 200.

AMG Body Styling on my SLK 200 which includes the SLK 55 AMG front bumper.

AMG Front Brakes

MB C32 AMG Front Brakes which is a direct bolt on.

SLK 55 AMG Rear Brakes

AMG Rear Brake Lights

AMG Exhaust Double Tail Pipes

·
Registered
131 Posts
What size is your AMG wheels? Are they staggered meaning the rear is wider??

You car looks like SLK55 AMG..Nice..

·
Registered
SLK 200 R171
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mb81 - 5/8/2005 2:10 PM

What size is your AMG wheels? Are they staggered meaning the rear is wider??

You car looks like SLK55 AMG..Nice..
They are 18" in sizes and yes they are staggered, the rear is wider. [:)]

·
Registered
SLK 200, Golf V GTI
269 Posts
Great looking car! I like the black radiator fins. Did you get all the parts through MB dealer?

·
Registered
SLK350
365 Posts
It looks really good.

I just wonder how much this cost? Could you not almost buy a 55, or at least a 350?

cheers
roadsta

·
Registered
34 Posts
yeah... really nice.

am thinking on the same mod for breaks.

Can you tell us how much was the Front and Rear breaks job cost? Also part numbers required would help.

Is it safe to just bolt on without changing pump, fluid hose etc.?

Thanks

·
Registered
SLK 200 R171
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jono_m - 5/8/2005 4:58 PM

Great looking car! I like the black radiator fins. Did you get all the parts through MB dealer?
Yeap, I got the black fins from the MB dealer. Thanks to Shinigami [:)] who has given a detailed screenshot to install the black pair of fins onto the bonnet.

·
Registered
SLK 200 R171
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
h_shek - 5/8/2005 6:57 PM

yeah... really nice.

am thinking on the same mod for breaks.

Can you tell us how much was the Front and Rear breaks job cost? Also part numbers required would help.

Is it safe to just bolt on without changing pump, fluid hose etc.?

Thanks
The front brakes was a steal, it cost US$640. I have to check with my MB on the part numbers. It is a direct bolt on and I had my brakes lines change to a steel break lines.

·
Registered
SLK 200, Golf V GTI
269 Posts
roadsta,

I think the problem in Singapore is that as cars are so horrendously expensive, and that there is really no where to drive cars as powerful as the SLK55, that it's probably better to buy a cheaper model and personalise it.

Where abouts do you live slkfans? My family used to have a house on Muswell Hill, in Braddell Heights. I hate to think what that area looks like now!

·
Registered
SLK 200 R171
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jono_m - 5/8/2005 8:10 PM

roadsta,

I think the problem in Singapore is that as cars are so horrendously expensive, and that there is really no where to drive cars as powerful as the SLK55, that it's probably better to buy a cheaper model and personalise it.

Where abouts do you live slkfans? My family used to have a house on Muswell Hill, in Braddell Heights. I hate to think what that area looks like now!
Hi there,

Nice to hear from you. I am located in Bishan which is not far from Braddell Heights. [:D]

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
slkfans:
Can you post MB number of black fins? and cost of slk55 amg rear brake?

thanks [:)]

·
Registered
slk 200
37 Posts
Hi!

There are a few more of us from Singapore. Do join us for meet-ups and updates on mods!

Can pm me for contact. Really interested in the AMG brakes.. Nice!!! I think 100R(another member)will be interested in your front bumper. Do join up with us! It'll be nice to have a few more cars to admire![:D]

·
Registered
SLK 200 R171
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gatecrash - 5/8/2005 10:11 PM

slkfans:
Can you post MB number of black fins? and cost of slk55 amg rear brake?

thanks [:)]
Gatecrash,

Will do, I will get the MB part no. for the black fins. But one thing to take note that the black pair of fins can be install as the SLK 55 front bumper does not have the pair of fins. The pair of fins is part of the front bumper for the SLK 200 and 350.

·
Registered
SLK 200 R171
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rg04 - 5/8/2005 11:30 PM

Hi!

There are a few more of us from Singapore. Do join us for meet-ups and updates on mods!

Can pm me for contact. Really interested in the AMG brakes.. Nice!!! I think 100R(another member)will be interested in your front bumper. Do join up with us! It'll be nice to have a few more cars to admire![:D]
Hi,

I will be looking forward to that.[:D]Today, I saw a SLK 200 (Black) at the car polish. I must admit that the driver was a beauty, I guess that she must be in her late 20s, she is really sweet[:D]

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi there,

"I must admit that the driver was a beauty, I guess that she must be in her late 20s, she is really sweet"

U should jio her what.... Tell her to join the SLK club mah...hehehe...BTW very nice mods u have there. Must have spend lots of $.

Hope to see u real soon..

Cheers dude[:D]

·
Registered
'06 BMW 6.30 Coupe
119 Posts
slkfans - 5/8/2005 1:44 AM

Yeap, I got the black fins from the MB dealer. Thanks to Shinigami [:)] who has given a detailed screenshot to install the black pair of fins onto the bonnet.
I've black radiator fins but I ordered a chrome fins and painted it to obsidian black. was your fins originally black? if yes, can you give me the number of those parts? thanks!

·
Registered
2004 SL600 Renntech ECU/TCU Upgrade...many other mods
238 Posts
Nice work although you may piss some folks off with the AMG badge without the engine.

·
Registered
SLK 200 R171
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
100R - 5/8/2005 5:19 AM

Hi there,

"I must admit that the driver was a beauty, I guess that she must be in her late 20s, she is really sweet"

U should jio her what.... Tell her to join the SLK club mah...hehehe...BTW very nice mods u have there. Must have spend lots of $.

Hope to see u real soon..

Cheers dude[:D]
A pity that she is married, her husband was there with her[:(]

·
Registered
SLK 200 R171
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Yeap, I got the black radiator fins from the MB dealer. The best part was it comes painted with the glossy black. [:)]

1 - 20 of 39 Posts