Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2501 - 2520 of 2526 Posts

·
66,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,501
People have been trying that since the dawn of humanity. They always ended up killing each other. We are not a peaceful specie. Aliens need to know that and take precautions or simply exterminate us before we eat their envoys.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
People have been trying that since the dawn of humanity. They always ended up killing each other. We are not a peaceful specie. Aliens need to know that and take precautions or simply exterminate us before we eat their envoys.
Until fundamental changes in attitude arose and began to spread in parts of Europe in the 1600's.

Before that, nearly everyone on Earth was religious, racist, bigoted, misogynist, and fundamentally superstitious. In only 4 centuries, more than half the world population has rejected the divine right of kings and accepted the wisdom and utility of secular democracy, along with a belief in fundamental human rights for all, including women and minorities.

Atheists went from almost nonexistent to a significant percentage of populations in many parts of the world. Studies show 7-10% for committed atheists, with perhaps 2-3 times that for people who claim a religious affiliation yet neither practice nor believe in its teachings.

Follow that curve forward into the future and it's plausible that rationality and reason, combined with compassion and a universal sense of justice will supplant our species history of superstitious nonsense during this century.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
When Israel went to war with Hezbollah in Lebanon in 2006 and with Hamas in Gaza in 2008-9, the region did not divide along sectarian lines.
The Shia's from Hezbollah and Iran aligned with Sunni Islamists from Hamas and other Muslim Brotherhood associated organisations.
On the other side of the divide were Sunni Arab Nationalists, the Traditional Sunni Monarchies, and Sunni Islamist's with Wahhabi tendancies.

Any gain the Brotherhood makes in comparison to the Wahabbist's pushes the Arab states closer to Iran.
Any gain the Wahhabist's make pushes the Arab states away from Iran.~

https://www.fpri.org/article/2009/09/politics-terrorism-and-the-sunni-divide/
You really ought to try having some ideas of your own instead of plagiarizing entire paragraphs without bothering to use quotation marks and passing them off as your own. That's job 1 for you.

Two, you obviously are into the habit of reading poorly translated, poorly written crap off of the internet and regurgitating it all in forums. Neither you nor the author of the piece you so conveniently plagiarized know their Hamases from their Shiites and their Sunna from their Abdulwahabs.

Because of course your beloved friends over at Hamas will "coordinate" security withthe Israelis and "stand by" their "oppressed brothers" the Shiites over in Tehran, all while "jihading" from the comfort of their air-conditioned offices deep in the slums of Gaza and the five-star hotels of Istanbul and Doha. Because that's where the money is. Anything for a buck has always been the MO of your precious Muslim Brotherhood, and they've always sold out to the highest bidder. Just like the right-wing Israelis and the hawkish Republicans with military interests, Hamas has a vested interest in prolonging the conflict, because it's the conflict that's their very lifeline, their raison d'etre. Your Muslim Brotherhood and their satellite "movements" are nothing more than an international drug cartel, except the drug being the religious sentiment of the duped masses who are only now beginning to sober up to what they really are.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
There's a good chance that we, all 110 billion of us created since the dawn of humanity, are just the first wave, the prototype, the test bed to weed out all the bugs and glitches before the real production begins. There are so many other planets ready to be populated, and will be as soon as the bug-free Version 1.0 starts rolling off the line. We're still at version 0.x.x.

·
Registered
62,010 Posts
There's a good chance that we, all 110 billion of us created since the dawn of humanity, are just the first wave, the prototype, the test bed to weed out all the bugs and glitches before the real production begins. There are so many other planets ready to be populated, and will be as soon as the bug-free Version 1.0 starts rolling off the line. We're still at version 0.x.x.

Ooooo..... I like the idea that we are but the first iteration. But whoever wrote the code for us is an idiot. :D

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
You really ought to try having some ideas of your own instead of plagiarizing entire paragraphs without bothering to use quotation marks and passing them off as your own. That's job 1 for you.

Two, you obviously are into the habit of reading poorly translated, poorly written crap off of the internet and regurgitating it all in forums. Neither you nor the author of the piece you so conveniently plagiarized know their Hamases from their Shiites and their Sunna from their Abdulwahabs.

Because of course your beloved friends over at Hamas will "coordinate" security withthe Israelis and "stand by" their "oppressed brothers" the Shiites over in Tehran, all while "jihading" from the comfort of their air-conditioned offices deep in the slums of Gaza and the five-star hotels of Istanbul and Doha. Because that's where the money is. Anything for a buck has always been the MO of your precious Muslim Brotherhood, and they've always sold out to the highest bidder. Just like the right-wing Israelis and the hawkish Republicans with military interests, Hamas has a vested interest in prolonging the conflict, because it's the conflict that's their very lifeline, their raison d'etre. Your Muslim Brotherhood and their satellite "movements" are nothing more than an international drug cartel, except the drug being the religious sentiment of the duped masses who are only now beginning to sober up to what they really are.
Thats right..attack the source..right out of the Zionist playbook.
I am glad you are here demonstrating your bias and hatred of Iran.
Please keep it up.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
^^^^ Neither you nor the article you so blissfully plagiarized are a "source." You're obviously so sheepishly high on the proverbial opium administered to you by the infallible mullahs you so, so love! Keep it up.

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
^^^^ Neither you nor the article you so blissfully plagiarized are a "source." You're obviously so sheepishly high on the proverbial opium administered to you by the infallible mullahs you so, so love! Keep it up.
I havent checked the news today..how is your countrys little adventure over in Yemen coming along ?

Running out of ammo while raining death and destruction down upon innocent women and children ?

No more hospitals and schools left to destroy ?

Dont you fret, trump is sending more arms that way.
After recieving them the Bloodletting can continue.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I havent checked the news today..how is your countrys little adventure over in Yemen coming along ?

Running out of ammo while raining death and destructiom down upon innocent women and children ?

No more hospitals and schools left to destroy ?

Dont you fret, trump is sending more arms that way.
After recieving them the Bloodletting can continue.
Oh, but I have checked the news today: Your beloved Hezbollah is so running out of drug money that his "fighters" are scrambling right out of Syria! There'll be no celebrating the May 25th "liberation" because the signposts cost too much! The $700 million Iran pumped into the terrorist organization every year? No more. Gone. Nothing. None. Nada. Zilch. Zippo. Caput.

In the meantime, Nasrallah only keeps getting fatter.

But hey, what do you care? You're in Singapore, and it's so, so sweet to be jihading from right above the immaculate, tree-lined streets!

·
66,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,515
Okay, thread must go back on track: Ihlan Omar Proposes Nationwide Ban on ‘Unhealthy and Immoral’ Bacon

Newly elected Congresswoman Ihlan Omar has proposed a nationwide ban on something…unheard of. Bacon. The pork product bagel sandwiches are built on. The staple of the American soldier, and the most recognizable smell at Shoney’s breakfast buffet.

Ihlan Omar wants to take your bacon away. She says it’s for our own good; that our health depends on it. She also says the way we keep and slaughter pigs is immoral and needs to be addressed. Unfortunately, we know that this is just another case of Musslamic Shakira Law in action. The Quaran says:

“Only the American Infidel Eats Bacon, and he Shall Pay the Ultimate Price Before Allahu.”
That sounds like a threat, doesn’t it? It says that. I swear.

Omar’s people put out a statement that walked back her attack on bacon a bit:

“No…you idiots. We should consider rethinking how much we eat for our own health and ‘yous wants to take mah baconz’ are two completely different things. You heard it wrong, you then turned it into bullhonkey propaganda. I said bacon isn’t good for you. I don’t eat it. I also said, three days earlier, that slaughterhouses mistreat animals. They do.

I was told there would be a lot of twisting and ignorance but I have to say…the level is a bit upsetting.”
Oh, ok sure. Now it’s all our fault because of things you said. Try to remember, Omar — a person can always be judged by what they say.

Mitch McConnell says Omar’s ridiculous bill to tear bacon from the arms of Americans — especially our soldiers who rely on it for a taste of home — was dead before she even presented it. Omar reminded him that there was no bill, just an opinion. McConnell said her insolence may be cause for impeachment.

Helz nah, you ain't messin wid da bacon!

·
66,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,518
God Downgrades America to #2

The Lord has sent official word to the heads of all His churches that he is officially downgrading America to Number 2 in the global ranking, just behind Canada but still ahead of the Dutch by a mile.

According to God’s Metatron:

‘”America claimed God nearly 300 years ago, and to be honest…we all thought it was cute. Then, you won independence, built stuff, yada yada yada…we voted to get behind you a bit.

The 20th century was a big one for you. You were instrumental in defeating pure evil twice. Had your kids not been born total assholes things might be different, but alas…it is what it is.

Now, the big guy himself has stepped in and determined that your return to the 19th century isn’t quite what we’re looking for here in the real world. Y’all screwed up the planet. He’s been telling you for decades, but money over matter.

Not to be all preachy, but get your shit together. Another flood is coming and this time it’s your own damned fault.”
We tried to reason with MT, but he was very clear that “as an archangel, your words are meaningless to me. Please stop speaking.”

The decision means that America will no longer be able to invoke the name of God in any of its prayers, oaths, laws, or declarations and that it no longer qualifies as a “Christian Nation.” It remains to be seen if there will be a war on Christmas in the region.

We’ll keep you developed on this updating story.
I blame those ISIS looking heathens using our system to get free healthcare and now are preventing us from bacon as per sharia law.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
I highly doubt that. There still is just too much money to be made off of religion, no matter what said religion might be. It's big business, and likely to stay that way for centuries to come, if not millennia.

It will never go away. I expect it will be somewhere between slavery (which has been almost completely abolished worldwide) and misogyny (which on its way out in much of the world but pervasive elsewhere).

I think the turn of the next century in 2100 will see most of the world living in secular democracies with the vast majority of citizens holding no religious beliefs.

2501 - 2520 of 2526 Posts