·
Registered
'84 SEC EuroCoupe, '85 200T EuroWagon, 2012 Nissan Maxima SV Sport
3,171 Posts

·
Registered
2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
7,758 Posts
RUSH spent a ton of time up here in our Laurentians....(Perry Studios..etc:..)..naturally with Paul Northfield (past manager) and Judy (she has the loaded red Tesla 3). The kids (girls) went to school and hung out a lot. Great people...and super sounds..

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
39,470 Posts
Ex Muddy Waters Bob Margolin & Jimmy Vivino

Ex Muddy Waters Bob Margolin & Jimmy Vivino

playing starts at 7:00

·
39,470 Posts
been revisiting joni for the last couple months-

was / is an amazing vocalist, writer, musician. artist
Friend Terry Reid for several month was staying at the "our house'' Lookout Mountain (off Laurel) place, keeping a heartbroken Graham Nash company, after Joni Mitchell had left him for James Taylor.
Graham had been an acquaintance of Terry's dad Wally in the UK, was his legal guardian when Terry was part of an early World Tour of a Hollies, Rolling Stones etc lineup, and became Terry's lifelong mentor.
Terry and I were at her 1998 birthday, the first time I met her up close and personal. No offense to her fans (of which I am one) but her eyes stuck in my memory and struck me a bit predatory, like trying to get into your brain.
My impression might have been colored by the fact that I really like Graham, who is a really nice human being.

·
39,470 Posts
been revisiting joni for the last couple months-

was / is an amazing vocalist, writer, musician. artist
+ 1 on all of it, but imo perhaps poet should take the first spot. Found her voice and besides piano, learned to play the guitar around restrictions from childhood polio.
Pretty good painter (starting with all of her album covers) and friends with David Hockney.

Attachments

·
39,470 Posts
Had to post something of Terry's
Decades of Pall Mall's and JW black hasn't affected his voice as much as his contemporaries.

This original title of the song Elvis made famous, would not have made it past the censors...

For the Tom Cruise film 'Day's of Thunder." Warner went through a management change, and the album was never promoted.
Well, after paying Hans Zimmer and Trevor Horn, and top artist Terry Reid - vocals, guitar
Jackie Lomax - guitars
Brian Auger - keyboards, programming
Timothy B. Schmit (The Eagles) - bass
Alan White (Yes) - drums
Stewart Copeland (The Police) - drums
Jack Lancaster - sax
Joe Walsh (The Eagles) - guest guitar solo
Howard Jones - keyboards, programming
Enya - backing vocals

and a Rocker

·
39,470 Posts
Louisiana Love Act - Jimmy Vivino, Phil Colombatto, Wally Ingram, Pete Sears & John M

Louisiana Love Act - Jimmy Vivino, Phil Colombatto, Wally Ingram, Pete Sears & John Molo

·
Administrator
1998 Pano SL500; 1993 SL500; 2005 ML270cdi
8,728 Posts
Led Zeppelin: Pictures show first concert, in 1968

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/2D80/production/_107884611_turingnote.jpg

The photo of the Vox Phantom guitar brings back memories of three 14 year old boys traveling by bus from Hove Sussex to JMI (Jennings Musical Instruments) in Dartford Kent to pick up a Vox Phantom.
We also saw the Vox custom bass cabinet being made for Jet Harris. I was offered Brian (Licorice) Locking's Fender bass for £120! I'm not sure what that would be in today's money but with only 2/6d pocket money per week, it was out of my league :frown

·
39,470 Posts
just seeing this and agree hands down. As for being at her birthday party, that is just over the top.
At the Casa Vega Restaurant and Bar in Sherman Oaks, the watering hole of many musicians and movie folks. Robbie Krieger lived about a 5 min walk away, and for a long time so did Eddie van Halen. She probably spent half the time just outside the entry where she could smoke.

·
Registered
2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
7,758 Posts
When thinking about the many migrants approaching the wall..and in need....a favorite for me..

hit the blue youtube bar

3001 - 3020 of 3052 Posts