Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte, CL600, S500, BMW 330cic, E65 BMW 750LI. Dodge Ram
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help. im forced to run 18s because i drive very fast. i have ran 20s, 19s, and now 18s.

what is the most aggresive offset i can use for the clk without having wheels poked out like an esse'.

im running lorinser lm2 w +44 offset.

im gonna stretch the fronts and rears because i love the look.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT FENDER RUB AT ALL

I know spacers negate the offset I.E. 12mm spacer+ 44offset= +32 offset

i want to know how +24 offset would do in the rear and a +29 offset in the front.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
'11 Santa Fe LTD V6 AWD-Navi, '99 CLK 320 (traded for family mover), '96 200SX (SOLD) :(
528 Posts
i need help. im forced to run 18s because i drive very fast.
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT FENDER RUB AT ALL
Just curious as to why you driving fast means that you are forced to run 18's? I'm pretty sure that a Countach LP400 came from the factory with 15's and it was capable of going over 320Km/h. Don't think you really need to worry about that with the 430. Maybe as a matter of preference, but it is not a necessity (it would look cool though :) ).

Keep in mind that as you lower the profile of a tire (i.e., by increasing the rim size) you decrease the ability to tell when the tires will lose grip on corners which is critical in high speed corners.

Are you doing a wide body kit on this car? That would look sweet.

Just my .02
Marc

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte, CL600, S500, BMW 330cic, E65 BMW 750LI. Dodge Ram
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LET ME CLARIFY FOR YOU THEN

Just curious as to why you driving fast means that you are forced to run 18's? I'm pretty sure that a Countach LP400 came from the factory with 15's and it was capable of going over 320Km/h. Don't think you really need to worry about that with the 430. Maybe as a matter of preference, but it is not a necessity (it would look cool though :) ).

Keep in mind that as you lower the profile of a tire (i.e., by increasing the rim size) you decrease the ability to tell when the tires will lose grip on corners which is critical in high speed corners.

Are you doing a wide body kit on this car? That would look sweet.

Just my .02
Marc
AS A FAST DRIVER, DRVING A CAR LIKE THE CLK WITH 20 INCH RIMS AND 225/35/20 TIRES ON THE FRONT STRETCHED OUT AND FITTED WITH SPACERS, THRU THE STREETS IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD WITH POT-HOLES, TIGHT CURBS, AND OTHER MISC. ITEMS IN THE ROAD, IT MAKES IT VERY HARD TO DODGE THEM.

NOT DODGING THESE ITEMS= BENT RIMS AND CRACKS. MY 20 INCH RIMS HAVE BEEN CRACKED AS WELL AS MY 19" LORINSER LM5'S.

I AM RUNNING 18'S (LORINSER LM2) RIGHT NOW WITH MORE TIRE GIRTH BECAUSE I'D LIKE TO AVOID FIXXING A RIM ONCE AGAIN. A THICKER TIRE PROTECTS A VULNERABLE LIP FROM SUPPRESSING TO PRESSURE. A WIDER TRACK AVOIDS THE GENERAL PLACEMENT OF POTHOLE MAJORITY.

In my culture a 15" rim would not suffice even if the car had the ability to fly. I'm shying away from anything less than an 18" rim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts