·
Registered
'12 Peugeot 3008 HYbrid4 (sorry!)
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

You know, I'm starting to envy you [;)]

OK - you're not yet getting the CDI's, but:

You can walk into a showroom and see, sit in and touch the vehicle - before ordering, and getting one within a reasonable time.

Existing W163 owners seem to get not only a nice pencil, but also an offer for 500$ worth of gas.

There seems to be nationwide demonstrations of the vehicle.

Over here, shortly before Easter, we "pre-orderers" had the pleasure of receiving a nice 20 x 20 cm foldout (60 x 20 cms total, gloss printed both sides) description of the ML500 - no real technical details included. But a nice letter from your salesperson was, urging you to confirm your order soon if you'd not like to be last in the line.

Confirming your order is done on the sole basis of tidbits here and there on the Web, backed up by the German configurator (not exempt of bugs), and the price list. The sales personnel has an 18-page document on the positive features of the W164 and, luckily enough, paint and upholstery samples. But that's all until now. Not even a detailed brochure. The cars will be visible by the beginning of July, 1½ months after your order has become definite and unchangeable - unless you had the chance, time and possibility to go to the Geneva or Dresden auto shows.

According to last week's MOT (German auto mag) the German dealers should have an 1:43 W164 available. Mine didn't (or may not have wanted to part with it).

I have just committed myself to buying a MB vehicle at a MSRP which is just dimes short of 100K$ - a little more commitment on the side of the selling company would have been appreciated. My slaesperson is doing a good job, I'm sure - but a lot more effort on the side of the MB organisation in Europe is needed.

Birger

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,117 Posts
E-mail me your address if you want

...me to send you a full US brochure.

·
Registered
241 Posts
RE: E-mail me your address if you want

Hello Birger.

I got 3 of the 1:43 models M-class (one for me and one to each of my kids) that I bought in the US (obsidianblack, iridum silver and cubanitsilver).

Anyway, I just heard that the introduction of the M-class is 2 months delayed in Europe, which means gasolinecars in the end of August and CDI's in October.

The ML350 that I ordered in the US for delivery 15. april and production 10. of mars is still not produced yet, so that makes the delay more "logical", I guess.

Regards from Norway!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts