Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1987 560 sec impala metalflake over cream
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wish i could turn them back! if you dont know iv been doing a little repair & facelift on the sec. bumper, fender, ect. the bumper i wanted a complet strip & paint,which i did myself ( more on that later in a diy ) the fender just a small dint directly under the sgnal lense, i desided to let a body shop, that iv been conversing with, & buying products, ( cuz of the small amnts needed ) pound the dent & just touch it up!which wouldent hurt the originality of things. when i went to pick it up i almost fell over, they did the whole fender. oh my god! i couldent belive it. i think they bufed it & gave it a total coat of clear. the clear is a bit rough, i could have done better! but the point is they buffed the original paint & the pinstripe is gone. when i was looking to buy, my rules were an original car, no acidents, paint,or touchups, all service records, ect. you know the drill? now iv got this car that if i was buying, i wouldent cuz its been defiled.i mean this car has crayon markings on the underside from the factory, now a fender that has been fu#%$d up. to top it off the buddy was totaly looking for a pat on the back for being so nice to me. what a delema. we descused it beforhand, & i told him what i wanted, but he thought he was doing me a favor.now what?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts