Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

361 - 378 of 378 Posts

·
Registered
Vogon constructor fleet.
9,222 Posts
The ‘ol classic crying white woman tactic, works almost every time. :rolleyes:

For some, one of the most dangerous substances on Earth. Many have died in this country as a result of their use.

About a month or so ago, a Black mother was pulled from her car in front of her kids at gunpoint and told by a cop "I'll blow your fucking head off" after her infant daughter walked out of a dollar store with a $1.00 doll.

I bet she cried too.

·
Registered
62,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
I guess y'all missed the point... if you think this is a white woman -not that it would make any difference- you need new glasses...

Hot Sauce
1 day ago
Shout out to nypd man. Last week they gave me a ride home instead of arresting me for public intox

Panda_Pop!
1 day ago
This is a more realistic and respectable of our Peace Officers. Having empathy and humility are qualities I want in ALL public officials, not just Peace Officers.

Erin Hawkins
1 day ago
Now, we know you cant pay for everyones groceries. But proud of these officers here.

rosario smith
1 day ago (edited)
God will bless you three cop one day I promise. That’s for pure kindness and compassion . It’s brakes my hart to see a person steel because she probably was to ashamed to ask for help. I feel your pain. This happens all the time in nyc and something has to be done about hunger in New York City 💔💔💔💔

Jannett Snow
1 day ago
Wonderful job NYPD wonderful job

Js JavaScript
1 day ago
Sometimes a hand out is confused with a hand up, God Bless Team Blue, and let this woman find her way to play it forward

Brian Szymanski
1 day ago
It all starts with compassion..

SuperModel Atlanta
1 day ago
been there before. homeless charged my phone. people stare. glad some one helped

Julie Paddock
1 day ago
Thank you for sharing we need more compassionate people in the world!

Leonardo Palomino
1 day ago
Great job guys ,,, that’s the way to make America happy again 🇺🇸🇺🇸👍🏼

Night Storm
1 day ago
NYPD has great officers who help others in need, only if this was the same in other cities.

Bryon Jackson
1 day ago
I love hearing stories like this. Gives me hope for the future.

Robert Richardson
1 day ago
This is why I love n respect N.Y.P.D. God bless 🙏🙏😇 u guys

Alicia salgado
1 day ago
Thank you cops for doing the right thing god bless you always in Jesus Christ name ❤❤❤❤❤👑

Patty Burkett
1 day ago
Thank God for these Magnificent Men Real Americans💯♥🌹🎯

elbert cates
1 day ago
Thanks officers..poverty shouldn't be a crime. You blessed this woman and feed the hungry.

·
Registered
Vogon constructor fleet.
9,222 Posts
I don't think I missed my point....though I will concede i may have missed yours.

And, looking at the folks around the house here, I think my glasses are working just fine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
7,744 Posts

About a month or so ago, a Black mother was pulled from her car in front of her kids at gunpoint and told by a cop "I'll blow your fucking head off" after her infant daughter walked out of a dollar store with a $1.00 doll.

I bet she cried too...........

Unfortunately the hubby in the car also was shoplifting from what I read about it and probably added to the drama.

No matter what..it was far in excess and dangerous and terribly traumatic for all..the cops should have the book thrown at them.. Those cops gotta go..

--------------

Green T ..I didn't miss your point....

·
Registered
2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2003 S600 TT, and 2005 E320 CDI
4,341 Posts
I'm glad that this woman got some help from these officers.

That said, Doni's point is also salient; she looks either White or close enough to White. Had she looked like, say, this:

https://www.yesmagazine.org/peace-justice/why-police-violence-against-women-of-color-stays-hidden-20170810

I suspect the outcome would've been rather different, despite the tears on this woman's face.

Or this woman, threatened by White supremacists.

https://womenintheworld.com/2018/10/12/1st-black-woman-legislator-in-vermont-resigns-after-white-supremacists-threaten-safety-of-her-family/

I'm sure she had tears on her face, too.

·
Immoderately Caffeinated/ Vintage Moderator
T5
16,447 Posts
Freckles gets a helping hand..

Giant manta ray seeks help from diver

A giant manta ray with fish hooks embedded under its eye approached a diver off Western Australia and appeared to be asking him for help in removing the unwanted fishing gear.

Monty Halls of the U.K. was among a group of freedivers exploring Ningaloo Reef with Ningaloo Marine Interactions when he witnessed the encounter with guide Jake Wilton, calling it "one of the best things I've ever seen underwater."

"I'm often guiding snorkelers in the area and it's as if she recognized me and was trusting me to help her," Wilton told The Independent via World News.

"She got closer and closer and then started unfurling to present the eye to me. I knew we had to get the hooks out or she would have been in big trouble. I went for a few dives down to see how she'd react to me being close to her."

The manta ray remained calm with his close proximity, and Wilton said it "stayed completely still in the water," allowing him to remove the hooks.

"That manta absolutely understood what was going on," Halls told The Independent. "Jake went down again and again and she just remained still for him."

The Independent reported that manta rays are believed to be one of the more intelligent creatures in the ocean, and are "generally harmless" to humans because, unlike stingrays, they don't have an external spike.

This particular manta ray is known to locals as Freckles.

David Boyle, who lectures on marine biology at the University of Plymouth, told The Independent, "It's pretty incredible behavior if this is what happened. It's not uncommon for animals - generally mammals - to interact with divers, but for one in distress to seek out assistance would be novel indeed.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/giant-manta-ray-seeks-help-from-diver/ar-AAEfmyM?ocid=spartanntp

Attachments

·
Registered
62,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
We are proud and honored to share “Everyday People,” produced by Playing For Change in partnership with Turnaround Arts.

Turnaround Arts infuses struggling schools with arts as a strategy for reform. The program was founded by President Obama's Committee on the Arts and Humanities and is now run by the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.

Turnaround Arts currently works in 73 schools, 38 districts, and 17 states and the District of Columbia.

"Everyday People" features Turnaround Arts students alongside their Turnaround Artists including Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, Paula Abdul, Misty Copeland, Elizabeth Banks, Keb' Mo, Forest Whitaker, and many more performing this timely song by Sly and the Family Stone.

This video was created to inspire the idea that all children deserve access to the arts in school and that the arts have the power to create change.

Learn more about Turnaround Arts at Turnaround Arts
Twitter: @TurnaroundArts
Facebook: @TurnaroundArts
Instagram: @turnaroundartsnational

"Love Train" features Turnaround Arts students performing alongside their Turnaround Artists including Alfre Woodard, Bernie Williams, Black Violin, Chad Smith, Dan Zanes and Claudia Eliaza, David Garibaldi, Elizabeth Banks, Frank Gehry, IZ Avila, Jackson Browne, Jacqueline Suskin, Jake Shimabukuro, Jason Mraz, John Cruz, John Lloyd Young, Keb' Mo’, Larisa Martínez, Ledisi, Mic Jordan, Misty Copeland, Ozomatli, Paula Abdul, Paula Fuga, Speech, Taboo, Tim Robbins, Tracy Reese, Trombone Shorty, Valerie June, Yo-Yo Ma, and The O’Jays (who wrote the song).This video was produced by Turnaround Arts and Playing For Change to share the message that the arts have the power to improve our schools and build more compassionate, connected communities.

361 - 378 of 378 Posts