Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

341 - 360 of 378 Posts

·
Registered
Vogon constructor fleet.
9,221 Posts
OK all you circle-jerking, self-satisfied, touchy-feely girl scouts; instead of just floating around in your personal bubbles of 'goodness', here's your chance to actually DO something good:

Mother-of-two whose skull is slowly crushing her spine has just a week to raise funds for life-saving surgery.

Single mother Samantha Smith suffers with rare condition and can only be saved by expensive surgery in the US

Even if you're poor you can afford to donate $10 - and if you're a worldly, successful, retired, dog-saving, Tesla-loving SJW, you ought to be able to do a lot better - unless in fact you're just full of shit....

Read the article and if you're not compelled to put your hand in your pocket, take a good long look at yourself in the mirror, despite the inevitable urge to puke.
Spend it forward.

I can use all the saved up "good karma" I can get.

·
Registered
vintage
14,512 Posts
^-^^

Thank you gentlemen! A bit of background. I have no personal connection to this poor woman's situation, other than I first heard her speak on another matter on a TV call-in programme. When she'd finished speaking a number of the public called the show to ask why on Earth the presenter hadn't championed her cause. At that point I Googled her and read the tragic series of events. This was early December, and I decided to make a contribution which paralleled the wanton Christmas spending on junk that I witnessed every time I went to the shops. For several days, it appeared that many people had a similar idea to mine and her total was rising rapidly. A few minor celebrities joined in as well, so it was looking good. Understandably, the momentum waned after the holiday and it was yesterday that I noticed she was substantially short, and seriously running out of time, despite being mentioned in a national newspaper. Knowing how there are a few, principled and generous individuals amongst our happy throng here - I decided to post the links. Thanks again to everyone who has shown genuine concern and charity.

·
Registered
62,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
A McDonald's employee in South Hutchinson, Kansas, received a life-changing gift from a customer earlier this month and her priceless reaction was caught on camera.

Vicki Anderson, who works at the McDonald's drive thru, told regular customer Chris Ellis that her car had broken down, CBS affiliate KWCH reported. After hearing that Anderson didn't have a way to and from work, Ellis devised a plan to help her.

Ellis and his son, Josh, had been planning to sell Josh's car, but decided to give it to Anderson instead. They surprised the stunned employee with the free car at work one day. The McDonald's manager, Denise Panek, captured the surprise on video, which has since gone viral.

"You remember talking to me the other day?" Ellis asks Anderson in the video.

"About a car," she responds.

"Well, here's the title and here's the keys," Ellis said, as he walks Anderson outside and hands her the keys. Anderson looked shocked and immediately hugged Ellis and his son.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/loyal-customer-gives-mcdonalds-employee-free-car-after-hearing-about-her-struggles/

·
Registered
62,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
Woman Finds Rooster On Her Hike And Saves His Life | This woman was hiking the Appalachian Trail when she came across a lost rooster — and knew she had no choice but to hike 40 miles with him in her arms

·
Premium Member
U took the old religion from the woman on the hill.
43,652 Posts
On a similar note, a good car buddy pal always informs me of his flatulence. He was able to cut one just before exiting an elevator with three humans inside last week. He proudly boasted one of his life's goals has been achieved. His sort of wife chases him through the mansion with a nasty old can of Lysol. She threw it at him once and it left a scar.

·
Registered
S Klass 500
3,681 Posts
On a similar note, a good car buddy pal always informs me of his flatulence. He was able to cut one just before exiting an elevator with three humans inside last week. He proudly boasted one of his life's goals has been achieved. His sort of wife chases him through the mansion with a nasty old can of Lysol. She threw it at him once and it left a scar.
He should stop leaving notes, and dump a novel in a dark corner for their delight

Attachments

·
Premium Member
U took the old religion from the woman on the hill.
43,652 Posts
I was going to keep it pc but alas, he does that and worse.

·
Registered
vintage
14,512 Posts

·
Moderately subtle
94 E500, 97 500SL
12,107 Posts
Homeless teen becomes valedictorian, gets $3 million in scholarships

A teenager from Memphis, Tenn. became a valedictorian at his high school and earned more than $3 million in college scholarships, all while experiencing homelessness.

Local Fox News affiliate Fox13 reports that 17-year-old Tupac Mosley maintained a 4.3 GPA his senior year after his father's death led to the family's eviction from their home. Mosley moved from home to home over the last several months of his high school career, staying with different people and non-profit organizations.

Prior to his high school graduation, Mosley received more than 50 college scholarships totaling more than $3 million.

"When I heard that I got $3 million, I was more than elated and excited and astonished that it was that much," he told Fox News.

During his valedictorian speech last week, Mosley thanked those who encouraged him on his academic journey, and encouraged other students not to succumb to hard circumstances.

“I knew that I had to make them proud. I knew that their investment was worth it that and just show them that – yes, everything that you poured into me was worth $3 million and counting,” Mosley said. “Never let your current situation, whatever circumstances you’re going through, be a mountain that you can’t climb."

Mosley plans to major in electrical engineering at Tennessee State University.

·
Registered
2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2003 S600 TT, and 2005 E320 CDI
4,341 Posts
1.) He's more determined than a whole lot of people in this world. He's also smarter than I am if he can get an EE degree. I tried it and didn't do so well; Messrs. Laplace and Fourier kicked my butt. This young man is the scholastic version of Detroit's "Walking Man" who didn't miss a single day of work in 10 years.

2.) Given recent events, hopefully he will be treated well at Tennessee State U and not get "swatted" for "studying EE while Black".

1.) Another very motivated young student. However, this is indicative of the obsession with education that many Peruvian families seem to have; I've mentioned this elsewhere. He is certainly one of the finer examples of that philosophy. *That*, folks, is also serious determination.

2.) The millionaire who's helping him? So much for folks being terrorist just for being an Arabic Muslim. Good on this man for helping not just this kid, but the rest of them in that school, and I hope the government stops throwing obstacles in the way of help.

Four brave and noble kids. Yes, they are heroes. I don't know too many people besides firefighters who would run into a burning building like that. I'd like to think maybe I'd be that brave, but you're never sure until you're actually faced with the situation. Hat's off to these four young men, too...and yes, I do call these young fellows *men*, given their actions.

341 - 360 of 378 Posts