Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 378 Posts

·
Registered
62,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's so much ugly shit going on all the time that I/we sometimes forget all the kind acts people perform every minute of everyday, everywhere.

Let this be a restore faith in humanity thread because, personally, I need a break.

A man at Sterling station in Perth, Australia falls between a stationary train and the platform, trapping his leg. Staff ask passengers on board to move to the other side of the train to tilt it, but this doesn't work, so staff line up other passengers who pushed the entire carriage to free the man​

·
Premium Member
U took the old religion from the woman on the hill.
43,658 Posts
Aussies: Believe you should look out for your mates.
Brits: Believe that you should look out for those people who belong to your club.
Americans: Believe that people should look out for and take care of themselves.
Canadians: Believe that that is the government's job.

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,839 Posts

Jessica meets her newborn baby sister for the first time in the hospital. After tiny Vanessa begins to cry, her big sister assures her that everything is okay with an innocence that only a child can achieve.

·
Immoderately Caffeinated/ Vintage Moderator
T5
16,447 Posts
A long time ago, I stopped to help an older lady with a disability get across the road near where I used to live. The traffic just kept coming so we had to wait in the middle of the road for a break to get to the other side. She was getting a little distressed by this time and obviously had trouble talking but I reassured her that everything would be okay.

I was quite pleased with myself as we finally reached the other side but the old girl was still a little upset which I put down to the whole ordeal until somebody came up and told me the old lady had already crossed the road and I had inadvertently taken her back from whence she came.

She did not want me to help her back across again, the ungrateful old bag.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
39,460 Posts

Attachments

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K
39,185 Posts
I was in the kitchen feeding the dogs when I heard a 'boom'. I looked out the window and the fire hydrant that used to stand in front of my home was lying on its side. I went outside (much to the chagrin of the unfed pups) to see what had happened. As I walked down the driveway, I noticed that the 'No Parking' sign that also stood in front was lying as flat as it could, given its mangled state. Next door, things were a bit messier. A Ford Explorer was nosed into the telephone pole. I later learned that the older woman driving the SUV had run a red light about a quarter mile back and was weaving erratically to the point that she had struck a telephone pole a couple of houses before mine. A pic of the mangled vehicle on the rollback is included for your viewing pleasure, below.

Why do I tell you about this occurrence that took place in an average (or slightly above) American burg?

Because of what happened next. People were pouring out of their homes and cars were pulling over as drivers jumped out to rush to the wrecked Ford. I was dialing 911 and learned from the operator that the accident had already been reported and I had been pretty darned quick on the call. The people who lived in the house in front of the wreck brought out a chair for the driver to sit in after several guys had gotten her out of the car. She was almost smothered with attention until the ambulance and police arrived.

A woman who had been driving behind the accident vehicle stayed on the scene the entire time to tell the medics and the cops what she had seen. There were a variety of races that stopped to help this woman in a time of need.

They must have all been Australian. Or Swiss? :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
62,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Everyday, every minute of the day, everywhere, and the vast majority never make it to YouTube.

Like eye bleach for the soul. Thanks Dig.

·
Registered
A red Vimana
19,563 Posts
Being Aussies they were actually all taking bets on the outcome.
Twice an Aussie has saved my life when it would have been goodnight Vienna for sure... while maintaining cool and offering up a bucket of dry humour. As this video shows there is nothing like having an Aussie for a friend :rolleyes::D

1 - 20 of 378 Posts