1999 clk 430
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is what ive done and i get no bulb error msgs so here goes

all bulbs are from autolumination.com

bulbs that wont give warnings

head turns ba15s but i used 2x 1156 just wiggle it in

tail turns ba15s but i have the new led tails so now it fit 2x 1156

side turns 2x wedge 194 i have the ebay turn mirrors so i just pulled the turns into the engine area and left the bulbs in

door 2x 39mm festoon

dome 2x 44mm festoon

map wedge 194

glove 39mm festoon

rear dome 39/44mm festoon i made the 44 fit it has better light output

trunk 39mm festoon

vanity 2x 39mm

cig lighter #74 matrix lights need to come out the side

ac 2x #74 matrix has light holders already just swap bulbs

cluster 4x single led forward facing for turns, esp and gas light (i bought some cheapy blue plastic that looked like the turn signal film)

cluster 4x #74 tri lights for the speedo

cluster 6x #74 matrix for the mile display

i left the side lights the regular buls cuz i like my WARNING lights red

the turns dont give out warnings but they will blink a little faster with the leds

for the turns i went with the 1156 matrix 2 lights since they have a full light spread to help fill the light reflector

the chrome painted stealth lights didnt give off much light during the day time so i took em out for the brighter leds, i want people to know im changing lanes

·
Registered
1999 clk 430
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
bulbs that will give warnings

license 2x 39mm festoon 2x equalizers (15-25 OHM 25 watt)

side bumper markers 2x 194 wedge base 2x equalizers (15-25 OHM 25 watt)

city lights 2x ba9 or 2x wedge 194 (for the new dual halo lights hole is smaller so cant get the 5 light spread) didnt need equalizer the ones on the bumper markers covered it

tail reverse ba15s but i have new led tails so now its 2x 1156 2x equalizers (15-25 OHM 25 watt)

i went with the 1156 matrix 2 lights since they have a full light spread to help fill the light reflector

·
Registered
1999 clk 430
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
total of

6 load equalizers (15-25 OHM 25 watt) @6.99 each 41.94

41 LEDs

7x wedge @ 6.99 each 48.93

8x 39mm festoon @ 6.99 each 55.92

3x 44mm festoon @ 7.99 each 23.97

17x #74 wedge @ 3.49 each 59.33

14x lock basses @ .29 each 4.06

6x 1156 bulbs @ 13.99 each 83.94

total of 318.09 + shipping but shipping aint much

·
Registered
1999 clk 430
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
word of warning change bulbs and test them before moving on, sometimes you gotta turn them around because one side is positive and one side is negative.

dont change the whole car then try em out, if you get a warning light youll have a hell of a time to figure out witch one it is

with the turn lock bases you might have to take out the bulbs and turn them around to switch polarity and check for the contacts you can see the metal thru holes in the bases.

try not to start the car with leds on. the power jumps a few volts with a car start so they can burn out faster

buy extra bulbs of each one so when they burn out you got a spare handy and wont have to wait for shipping

i will post pics soon, i tested it tho and the blue dash looks hella cool all the numbers in the led display are true blue not amberish

the leds in the switches are different they are set in the switches itself i can change most of em by cutting them out and resodder new ones in, but my in dash dvd has blue and amber buttons so ima leave the switches stock in matches my headunit

·
Registered
CLK,SLK
1,181 Posts
I have had blue LEDs etc for years. I wanna update my lights, so I appreciate you writing this all out. Gotta keep a copy in my email inbox for quick reference, I love ordering new bulbs. Thanks bliss

·
Registered
1999 clk 430
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pics

sorry been busy but here is the pics

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are the #74 bulbs you used the 3 led type and are they the same ones you used for the climate control? Only two total on the climate control? Thanks man.

·
Registered
CLK 320 2001
118 Posts
bulbs that will give warnings

license 2x 39mm festoon 2x equalizers (15-25 OHM 25 watt)

side bumper markers 2x 194 wedge base 2x equalizers (15-25 OHM 25 watt)

city lights 2x ba9 or 2x wedge 194 (for the new dual halo lights hole is smaller so cant get the 5 light spread) didnt need equalizer the ones on the bumper markers covered it

tail reverse ba15s but i have new led tails so now its 2x 1156 2x equalizers (15-25 OHM 25 watt)

i went with the 1156 matrix 2 lights since they have a full light spread to help fill the light reflector
Bliss,

I changed my cluster to the Flat blue LED's and the work. However, the two that I replaced in the middle of the cluster (large 2x3 inch screen) show a moving scan line that goes from top to bottom. Have you seen this and know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Howard

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bliss,

I changed my cluster to the Flat blue LED's and the work. However, the two that I replaced in the middle of the cluster (large 2x3 inch screen) show a moving scan line that goes from top to bottom. Have you seen this and know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Howard
Same issue here. Is it normal? If not, how to fix it? Thank you!

·
Registered
2001 CLK430 Cabrio
7 Posts
Great data - thanks. I might try white instead of blue. Do your dashboard dimming controls still work, or do the LEDs stay at about the same illumination regardless of how the dimming control is set?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts