Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drew,<p>How have things been with attending those M5 meetings in FL? I remember that you had a good time last time around. Do you still attend? What are their attitudes about us like now that they probably have had a chance to see more E55s? I know you are representing us well.<p>In LA, CA its not as easy to have fun on the road since its such a car loaded city. But I swear I see about 5 times more E55s than M5s.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have yet to see another E55 on the street here in Florida!

------<p>Of course their out there, and I look at every MB that comes within a 1000 ft., so far only CLK, S, and CL '55's ... but no E55's.<p>BTW: pulled up to a brand new S55 in Palm Beach (temp. tag) this past weekend, and gave the owner a thumbs up. He waved back at me through the tinted windows. I rolled down my window to ask him how much he loved his new 'Benz. I could see his head turn to the drivers door (looking for the window switch). He finally looked towards the center of the car and found it. When he rolled down the window, he said to me "I just got this f_ucking car and I'm still figuring it out ... but I love the s_hit out of it ... ITS A BEAST!" No shitting you Philguy, that's what he said. Oh, by the way, the driver was Actor Eric Roberts (yes, Julia's brother ... and one of my favorite actors, who was in one of my favorite movies, with one of my favorite lines "... they cut off my f_uckin thumb Charlie, they cut off my f_ckin thumb".... Pope of Greenwich Village)<p>OK, back to the topic: I have been invited to a number of the South Florida M5 guys events, but one thing or another has gotten in the way and I wasn't able to attend. I'm sure you remember the last time I got together with the M5r's, I brought a case of BMW Motor Oil with me and gave it to the Host of the gathering as a 'gesture of good faith'(I never come to a party empty handed, but a bottle of wine just wouldn't have the same affect!). <p>All the M5r's laughed and took the joke in stride, but many also took home a quart as well (after all, its something they all use a lot of!).<p>All in all, a group of good guys who love their brand: can't fault 'em for that. <p>The only problem is that all of them want to drive my Baby [I was gonna say 'Beast', but I know how you feel about that Philguy :) ]. So, I will have to be selective with those I choose to give the honor.<p>I think they have a track-day scheduled in a few months ... I'm getting sick and tired of blowing cars off the line at traffic lights ... I need a little competition @ 160 mph (gotta try and top Rich if the rev-limiter will let me!)<p>BTW: Did you ever get to the post that covered the headlight change?<p>Hope all is well with you and yours,<p>Drew.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Headlights

Thanks for the link, I tried the website but it was not up yet. I'll let you know what I find.<p>I've also seen an S55 in LA. Black on Black crusing down the 405 in Irvine with paper plates. Really stealthy sweet. But after some analysis, I think that I still like our E55 the best. The only AMG better would be the CL55 or CL55 F1!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed. (nt)

: Thanks for the link, I tried the website but it was not up yet. I'll let you know what I find.<p>I've also seen an S55 in LA. Black on Black crusing down the 405 in Irvine with paper plates. Really stealthy sweet. But after some analysis, I think that I still like our E55 the best. The only AMG better would be the CL55 or CL55 F1!<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quite a few E55's spotted in Irvine/Newport area.

I've seen at least 5 or 6 different (at least I think it's different) E55's in the Irvine/Newport Beach area. On the other hand, I've only seen about 3 M5's and 2 CLK55's. I haven't seen any S55's or CL55's yet. Probably cuz I haven't been out much as it has been raining here. Yes, we are spoiled in So. Cal......(the sun I mean).<p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts