Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1987 420 sel
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was in LONDON and i was 22 when my boss ask me to please drive him home and take a taxi back home because he was drunk right then it feels like my first time in a really car and i said to myself oneday am going to own these car now and then i remember it make me fall in love over and over again with my car.

·
Registered
w126 420 sel
622 Posts
maybe 4 years ago... i was washing the 420sel, the condition of the car wasn't all that great. i detailed it the best i can, and then i realized the potential of the car, and that when my father and i began to bring her back to life.

·
Registered
500SE AMG, E350 4matic, GL 450
5,739 Posts
When I was a kid, my Dad worked long hours and I did not see him much during the week. He was a lawyer. I always saw him on Saturdays. Every saturday morning we went to the store to get stuff for our big Saturday morning breakfast which we always had every week without fail. Those mornings became a big deal to me. Naturally my dad drove a w126....what else would a lawyer in the 80's drive????(dont say BMW!)
I guess somethings are just stored deep in your mind. The first time I sat in the MB I bought, the leather just felt a certain way that I remember from years ago. Sort of the way it squished. If that makes any sense. The look of the dash, etc all help me remember those days in South Africa.
Now here I am, in the United States, with my own son, and driving the same type of car my Dad drove.
Dad is retired now, when I asked him what type of w126 he owned, he said "the biggest one they sold"
[:)]

·
Registered
86 420 sel,
162 Posts
Oslo, 1991 my boss had bought a 82 280 sel w/ all options. i looked at the car, and was thinking to my self. this car is 9 years old and look and drive like new.
7 years later i got mine, i am now 38

·
Registered
89 300 SEL
105 Posts
IM 17, i first remember when we would go down to florida and stay our house and our grandparents would always let us use their mercedes 89' 300sel to drive around. Cause they had a condo down there. When they finally sold ther condo. They brought it back to wisconsin and kept the car at their cottage, during the summers we would always go up to the cottage and use the car, i would always wash it for my grandpa, Id always tell my grandpa how nice the mercedes looked. THen when i turned 16 i woke up that morning, looked outside and it had a big bow on it and it was finally mine.

·
Registered
91 300SEL,2001 SL500
78 Posts
I was 16. My dad had a 450sel. He had always driven a benz as long as i can remember. He swore by their safety and reliability. He went out of town on business. His last words to me were " DONT DRIVE THE MERCEDES !!!" so of course i had to take it out and show off to my friends. On the way home some AHOLE in an AMC Hornet ran a stop light, made impact just behind the right front wheel and basically ripped off the whole right side of the car off including the right rear wheel, pushed me across the road and i then hit a telephone pole head-on. I walked away from the accident without a scratch. My dad didnt talk to me for 2 weeks. The bright side to this story. He replaced it with a 560 sel and i was even more in love. The love affair has never ended. WHAT A FRIGGIN AWESOME CAR !

·
Registered
12-Camel TT S600
1,794 Posts
well ever since i was five or even younger.. i used to see this white W126 600SEL ///AMG owned by my neighbour (dont know why it had the 600SEL badge)..that time i just loved the impresson w126 made when compared to other cars (and 80's was the era of ugly soap box like american cars)

my ex-neighbour still has that car.. tho not in elegant condition anymore..

i started driving W126 at around 17 years of age.. but my final owner ship of w126 came now...

im 20 years old now.. and own a W126 560SEL [:D] albeit not ///AMG [:(]

·
Registered
500 SEC AMG, 560 SEL, 500 SL 6.0 AMG R129, CL 55 AMG Kompressor, 300 E W124, E 220 CDI W210, CL 500
781 Posts
i fall in love for a W126 when i have 16 years (in 1985), i am in MB dealer and i see a marvellous 500 SEL nautical blue with ivoiry leather. At this time i think : it's necessary to have the same car ! but this car was new and i dont have money for buy her at this time !
when i have 18 years old, my uncle buy a lovely 560 SEL and he let me drive its car. When I am descended, I said myself: how could I lead another thing that this car? for this day I have liked W126!

·
Registered
2006 500SE, 1972 280SE
345 Posts
When I was 11 years old, my best friend's dad had one. We rode in it sometimes on weekends and I really enjoyed the mystique around it. I noticed when someone said "mercedes benz" people responded differently than other brands of cars. People gave that name respect.

I grew up and picked up some used ones and have been enjoying the ride ever since, though the relationship certainly has been "rocky" (lots of angry moments pondering the cost of certain repairs).

·
Registered
86 560SEL
1,324 Posts
I was 28 when I first got my 87 420SEL after the family owning a 78 450SEL. Then I got my mother's 560SEL when I was 40.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Since I was 7 years old.

My father had taken in a one year old 300SE(1989 model). My father needed to pick the car up from the owner's residence and I happened to be with him at the time.

I was very impressed with that car. My mother and father both owned W123's at the time. I wasn't used to such fervent luxury. It had a silver exterior and an Ash interior, dark stained zebrano veneer with high gloss finish. I dreamed of owning one from that night on.

Since the day, I have fantasized about no other cars. Porshe 911's, Lamborghini's of any type(super ugly), Ferrari Testarossas(look like go-carts or vice versa), etc.

Imagine being able to purchase three versions of your dream car. I am serious! That is how I feel, and have always felt. I have what I want, I don't need anything else. Guess I'm a lucky guy.

I travel in pure bliss. I swear on my good name, I crave no other car. The inherent robustness of the S is just a perk, you might say.

·
Registered
1987 420 sel
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this i very inresting storys and i have to we are lucky people to have own these beautful car ever made and i also thank god now i also own a ROLLS ROYCE SILVER SHARDOW.

·
Registered
1988 560SEL sold:
4,717 Posts
17 in 1987. A chauffeur driven 280SE in Singapore. It was getting tired, old, and underpowered, but it was still impressive. Then six months later, the 280SE was replaced with a 300SEL. Even though it was not a flagship, it was enough to keep me thinking about it. 16 years later, dream realised with a 560SEL.

·
Registered
88 500SEC & 94 320SL
35 Posts
Hong Kong, 1998, I was 55! I had an old 1979 450 SEC, full of underbody rust, and I saw the 88 500SEC in the paper. I went into the back streets to find the address, and found the car - instant LOVE.[:)]I found the owner, drove it and paid him cash there and then. Awesome machinery - unfortunately, I shipped it to my native Australia in 2000, so I only see it occasionally. [:(]I bought a R129 to console myself, but it is not the same.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
My family bought our 126 in 1992. The car is an 83 and I loved it since then and I inherited it when I was 19.

Im 22 now and have taken care of the car since 19 very well.

·
Registered
1984 500 SEC
234 Posts
I was 33 living in Costa Mesa, Ca when my Ex-Father in Law asked if I wanted to buy a Mercedes Coupe. I took a look at it, drove and bought it. I have been in love ever since (3 Years).

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes 560SEL
578 Posts
I think I was 14 years old and in Grade 10. Grade 10 I remember for sure. The year was 1983 or 1984. I was in the city of Madras (Chennai) in South India. Very often I used to see this metallic dark green W126, pass by my parent's house. It was probably a diesel one. It looked beautiful and the engine made a roaring noise. Loved it very much. I always dreamt about it. At that time I never thought I will be able to buy one. Now I am 36 living in Baltimore, Maryland with a black 560 SEL. It is a "dream come true for me."

Ramesh.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
deathrattle - 4/23/2005 10:53 AM

Best of all though,it has been directly responsible for my meeting a truly wonderful girl who is turning out to be the love of my life.
Cool, exact same thing happened to me – the car is imbued with a special power making her owner exceedingly attractive to the opposite sex (or whichever way your gate swings…)[;)]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts