Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought folks here would enjoy this - besides numerous photos in the article, there are 7 slide shows at the end.

2011 Mercedes-Benz E350 BlueTec Diesel Three Month Review and Report
By Jonathan Spira

Last November, I drove the Mercedes-Benz E350 BlueTec sedan from New York to Boston and back and promptly fell in love. The trip of 331 km (206 miles) took three hours and my fuel consumption was 6.7 l/100 km (35 mpg). The return trip of 335 km (208 miles) took a little longer but my fuel consumption was only 6.3 l/100 km (37 mpg). These figures were on par with the fuel economy we saw with our BMW 335d long-term test car, yet the Benz was bigger.

This year Mercedes is celebrating its 125th anniversary and is credited not only with inventing the diesel-powered passenger car in the 1930s but with having invented the automobile as we more or less know it in 1886. In the U.S. in recent years, diesels have remained solely in the domain of the Germans, while others automakers experiment with hybrids and electric vehicles.

Mercedes’ diesel offspring have done it proud. It’s not uncommon to see a W123 240D or 300D still on the road, even though the last one was produced over 25 years ago. The resale value of diesels remains high and that is reflected in the very high residual value of the car for leasing customers.
<SNIP>
Article continues here

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is a great review, and it was pivotal in my decision to go with the W212 Bluetec. Really enjoying the car, it's quiet interior and the torque.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts