Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
E320 Coupe
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched for months, MONTHS for this information. I have gone high, and gone low. No one knew. So then, I find this great site, and get the answer...

kind of.

One person says push from the passenger side, the other says pry with a screwdriver. Another says push from the driver's side. [xx(] One person even asked the question and the SOLE response he got was to buy a whole new module, at the cost of $65 USD. Sweet mercy!

So now, I present to you the last and final word on how to change the interior dome light in your car:

"Re: Front Dome light ,bulb install need help;

Hope this helps: I figured out how to change the dome light on a 1989 560SEL. Sit in the dirver's seat. With your right hand, put two fingers on either side of the sun roof opening switch. Now slide the dome light assembly towards the passenger's seat. It should slide to the right about an inch and then drop down. Good luck!

mscotta"

I don't know where mscotta is, or where he's been, but bless his soul. I was out there in the car this afternoon screwdriver-prying and praying the thing wouldn't crack. She's my new baby and I'm protective. After reading this 5 minutes ago I just-- in the dark-- spent all of 5 seconds taking care of the thing.

It's a little thing, but I'm as excited as heck!

so all can find this post:
domelight dome light overhead over head interior roof etc, etc, etc.... [:D]

Attachments

·
Registered
E320 Coupe
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS... that's my baby. going to do a "get to know you" post in the next few days so you all can see more... consider this pic a "tease"... [;)]

·
Registered
E320 Coupe
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
burnt out

the main light was burnt out... I thought it was kind of weird... there are 2 crystal boxes and only one (the "map" light) was lighting up while I was going through the sliding switch. first mercedes, and it seemed weird to have this 3x3 inch section that looked like a light but wasn't.

listen, I was at a real DEALERSHIP and they didn't know. I'm tellin' ya, it's the little things that can get to you. (first time it's lit since I got the car-- looks like daytime in there... ;^)

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
haha congrats. mine doesn't work 100% , i have t fiddle with it to get like the two map lights to work.. do you know if its possible to get a brighter light in there? cuz sometimes at night i need to look for something, and i never have enough light. imagine.. interior xenon lights.... hahaha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts