Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

The Cracked PIG

5K views 55 replies 24 participants last post by  mrelbe 
#1 ·
Finally. After 14 years and 85,000 miles....I have a cracked windshield.
Normally I could live with it, however,I will be moving provinces which will require a safety inspection.

So....what is the part number and has anyone had to buy one lately?

#28 ·
I realized that they did me a favour.....I guess the adhesion primer is black and they ran a tape line before applying it. They went a little on the wide side at the bottom but it managed to cover the degrading felt that lives there.

#33 ·
Hi Nobby,

maybe coming a little late, but in the last weeks I was busy in several projects.

Very bad! New windshield cracked again, sorry to read this – you should order a 10pcs-pac and start your own windshield repair shop. After the first DIY-try you know about the secrets and can make big business with all the desperate R107-drivers with their cracked and/or sandblasted windshields.
Here are some of the original MB part numbers:
A1076710010 clear
A1076710110 tinted green
A1076710210 tinted green with green band
Unfortunately the “tinted green with blue band” is missing, but it isn’t available from MB any more.

It may won’t help in oversees, but the standard version is available for about 20 Starbuck Coffees here on Ebay (150€ tax and shipping included)
Frontscheibe Mercedes SL R107 Windschutzscheibe W107 Cabrio Grünkeil ab Bj 1971- | eBay
😊
I ordered the “tinted green with blue band” version which was and is the most expensive style. Not available at MB but at classic-autoglas.com (order-type 5317AGNBL) for 280€. They sell original Sekurit windshields and since two years I’m totally satisfied.
Gesamtübersicht Mercedes: Alle verfügbaren Scheiben

Cheers Martin

#34 ·
Hi Nobby,

maybe coming a little late, but in the last weeks I was busy in several projects.

Very bad! New windshield cracked again, sorry to read this – you should order a 10pcs-pac and start your own windshield repair shop. After the first DIY-try you know about the secrets and can make big business with all the desperate R107-drivers with their cracked and/or sandblasted windshields.
Here are some of the original MB part numbers:
A1076710010 clear
A1076710110 tinted green
A1076710210 tinted green with green band
Unfortunately the “tinted green with blue band” is missing, but it isn’t available from MB any more.

It may won’t help in oversees, but the standard version is available for about 20 Starbuck Coffees here on Ebay (150€ tax and shipping included)
Frontscheibe Mercedes SL R107 Windschutzscheibe W107 Cabrio Grünkeil ab Bj 1971- | eBay
😊
I ordered the “tinted green with blue band” version which was and is the most expensive style. Not available at MB but at classic-autoglas.com (order-type 5317AGNBL) for 280€. They sell original Sekurit windshields and since two years I’m totally satisfied.
Gesamtübersicht Mercedes: Alle verfügbaren Scheiben

Cheers Martin
Well...thanks for that. I originally replaced the windshield in Oct. 2019....put it into storage for a year and then drove it from Ontario to Quebec. I knew that I needed an inspection prior to registering it in Quebec. However....I won't be "officially" moving to Quebec until June 2023.

So.....I'll wait until then for the next windshield.

Part numbers are ALWAYS appreciated.

#40 ·
Normally glass coverage has no deductible or $100. After the 2015 Palooza to the Yukon i ended up with a stone crack on the 300Sl on the Alaska highway. Got it replaced by MB and paid CAD$ 100. That was with Hagerty Classic Insurance.

#48 ·
So...I finally got my Quebec driver's license...next step registering the cars in Quebec.
In order to do that...I need to go to the certified mechanical inspection garage.
No cracks allowed in windshields.
My RAM has a full length crack...

The PIG has a small corner crack.....

Called my insurance...waiting to hear back.

#51 ·
Car insurance...and house insurance, for that matter, is now like ordering a pizza.

Here's the minimum required by law (or mortgage holder)...oh you want flood insurance? Cha ching. Oh...you want $100 windshield deductible? Cha ching.

And so on..and so on.

#55 ·
May 9 for the new windshield install....it's about 50kms away. I guess I gotta get it out and road tested before then because I need to get it inspected and then licensed hopefully the same day.

Probably fucking snow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.