Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
They finally found not 1 but 2 -107 windshields in Canada. Seems that all the distributors were doing inventory in September.
The PIG is now in the shop waiting for the replacement today.
And it has that tinted strip at the top....I'm guessing the 560's came that way? That'll be new for me!
Windshield was $375.00 CAD.

Nice one! My 1979 450 also has tinted strip but the windscreen was replaced at some point, I thought the strip was factory for all R107 rather than just 560/500 models?

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Dunno....my 280SL didn't have it. Maybe an option back in the day?

Mine had it . I figured they started dropping them on the glass sometime in the 80s.

I remember as a kid in the 90s noticing that line appearing on all automobiles very suddenly.

Discussion starter · #27 · (Edited)
Just picked up The PIG. Fabulous. Not only is there no cracks in the windshield.....but I can see again!
That crack did me a favour.
$441.00 all in.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
I realized that they did me a favour.....I guess the adhesion primer is black and they ran a tape line before applying it. They went a little on the wide side at the bottom but it managed to cover the degrading felt that lives there.

The tint may have something to do with the A/C option as my '79 280 with A/C has the tint and appears to have the original windshield (marked with M-B logo).

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Just picked up The PIG. Fabulous. Not only is there no cracks in the windshield.....but I can see again!
That crack did me a favour.
$441.00 all in.
Sigh.

Washed The PIG today and found a FUCKING CRACK in my 1000 mile windshield.

FUCK!!!

Hi Nobby,

maybe coming a little late, but in the last weeks I was busy in several projects.

Very bad! New windshield cracked again, sorry to read this – you should order a 10pcs-pac and start your own windshield repair shop. After the first DIY-try you know about the secrets and can make big business with all the desperate R107-drivers with their cracked and/or sandblasted windshields.
Here are some of the original MB part numbers:
A1076710010 clear
A1076710110 tinted green
A1076710210 tinted green with green band
Unfortunately the “tinted green with blue band” is missing, but it isn’t available from MB any more.

It may won’t help in oversees, but the standard version is available for about 20 Starbuck Coffees here on Ebay (150€ tax and shipping included)
Frontscheibe Mercedes SL R107 Windschutzscheibe W107 Cabrio Grünkeil ab Bj 1971- | eBay
😊
I ordered the “tinted green with blue band” version which was and is the most expensive style. Not available at MB but at classic-autoglas.com (order-type 5317AGNBL) for 280€. They sell original Sekurit windshields and since two years I’m totally satisfied.
Gesamtübersicht Mercedes: Alle verfügbaren Scheiben

Cheers Martin

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Hi Nobby,

maybe coming a little late, but in the last weeks I was busy in several projects.

Very bad! New windshield cracked again, sorry to read this – you should order a 10pcs-pac and start your own windshield repair shop. After the first DIY-try you know about the secrets and can make big business with all the desperate R107-drivers with their cracked and/or sandblasted windshields.
Here are some of the original MB part numbers:
A1076710010 clear
A1076710110 tinted green
A1076710210 tinted green with green band
Unfortunately the “tinted green with blue band” is missing, but it isn’t available from MB any more.

It may won’t help in oversees, but the standard version is available for about 20 Starbuck Coffees here on Ebay (150€ tax and shipping included)
Frontscheibe Mercedes SL R107 Windschutzscheibe W107 Cabrio Grünkeil ab Bj 1971- | eBay
😊
I ordered the “tinted green with blue band” version which was and is the most expensive style. Not available at MB but at classic-autoglas.com (order-type 5317AGNBL) for 280€. They sell original Sekurit windshields and since two years I’m totally satisfied.
Gesamtübersicht Mercedes: Alle verfügbaren Scheiben

Cheers Martin
Well...thanks for that. I originally replaced the windshield in Oct. 2019....put it into storage for a year and then drove it from Ontario to Quebec. I knew that I needed an inspection prior to registering it in Quebec. However....I won't be "officially" moving to Quebec until June 2023.

So.....I'll wait until then for the next windshield.

Part numbers are ALWAYS appreciated.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
You got glass coverage in that ample insurance coverage you mentioned?
Not worth the trouble....my deductible is $300.

Wow. Sorry Chris. That will teach you to wash the pig, eh? Ignorance is bliss. But man, that’s a pretty big one to miss, even on a dirty car. Is it that big because you punched the windshield bc you were so pissed?

Normally glass coverage has no deductible or $100. After the 2015 Palooza to the Yukon i ended up with a stone crack on the 300Sl on the Alaska highway. Got it replaced by MB and paid CAD$ 100. That was with Hagerty Classic Insurance.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.