Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes S320
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

thought you guys might be wondering whats happening with my 1994 S320 that was stolen. I have uploaded some before Pics ill post some after pics when the car is completely fixed. Well after $700 the car is completely fixed all i have to do know is get a new steering wheel and remove the dents and get the car detailed completely. I had a minor problem with reprograming the key but i got that working this morning. All in all its gonna break even with my insurance premium which is good.

I am also having a problem with my sunroof the seals have seem to come part, does anyone know how to put the glue the seals back and what product i need to use?
Also i notice that there is a an oil leak when i drive the car and put it back in the garage, the oil leak occurred after i filled up petrol could this be a fuel pump issue.

Thanks New Zealand Benz for recommending Star Tech enterprises, these guys are good and deliver quick to Australia.

Attachments

·
Registered
Current 1992 - 500SEL, W124 - 1989 230E (sold)
1,387 Posts
Adnan633 said:
Hi guys

thought you guys might be wondering whats happening with my 1994 S320 that was stolen. I have uploaded some before Pics ill post some after pics when the car is completely fixed. Well after $700 the car is completely fixed all i have to do know is get a new steering wheel and remove the dents and get the car detailed completely. I had a minor problem with reprograming the key but i got that working this morning. All in all its gonna break even with my insurance premium which is good.

I am also having a problem with my sunroof the seals have seem to come part, does anyone know how to put the glue the seals back and what product i need to use?
Also i notice that there is a an oil leak when i drive the car and put it back in the garage, the oil leak occurred after i filled up petrol could this be a fuel pump issue.

Thanks New Zealand Benz for recommending Star Tech enterprises, these guys are good and deliver quick to Australia.
Yeh they are good, next time you metion that you are MB enthusiast or that you owned more then one MB and you get discount on parts...

·
Registered
Mercedes S320
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cluster well aparently there was nothing wrong with it, the dealer just put all the wires back together i think. Just on that apparentlly the digital ones are more reliable than the old analog ones i have a digital one so i am pretty happy that it is working A Ok.

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
Adnan633 said:
The cluster well aparently there was nothing wrong with it, the dealer just put all the wires back together i think. Just on that apparentlly the digital ones are more reliable than the old analog ones i have a digital one so i am pretty happy that it is working A Ok.
Oh BTW I have a spare wheel here but I have to see if the one I got to replace my stock one will fit ok I might get down to the mechanic in the next week I don't know what postage to AUS is from here but I might let it go cheap....real cheap as the market for stock standard wheels is not that big.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Is the leak coming from the front of the car or the rear, for it to be a fuel pump/filter related leak it would be at the rear.

·
Registered
Mercedes S320
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol yeah i got five stock wheels coming on the market a week or two form know on! u could always try try to post on the australian MB Forum.

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Adnan633 said:
lol yeah i got five stock wheels coming on the market a week or two form know on! u could always try try to post on the australian MB Forum.
I'm not going to try and sell it activly because I don't need the money and I know exactly what would happen, I'd sell it and then I'd need if somehow, cool thing was I got a S600 wheel and airbag for about $100 NZ. :thumbsup: I'll keep the bag because thats one of the main reasons cars get totaled is bag deployment.

·
Registered
Mercedes S320
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hang on u mean steering wheel, i thought u meant wheels and tyres lol. What condition is it in if it is in excellent condition i will definelty buy it.

·
Registered
Mercedes S320
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
eric242340 said:
Is the leak coming from the front of the car or the rear, for it to be a fuel pump/filter related leak it would be at the rear.

The leak is coming from the front of the car on the right hand sand, it looks like oil it is purple. It does not leak overnight it only leaks when i drive it and come back so im thinking maybe transmission fluid or power steering fluid?

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Adnan633 said:
hang on u mean steering wheel, i thought u meant wheels and tyres lol. What condition is it in if it is in excellent condition i will definelty buy it.
Yea it depends on if I can get this other wheel to fit my car, basicly the connections are slightly different but I think I can do it by changing over the airbag mountings in the wheel so what you would have to do is change the airbag mounts from yours into this one, IF I can get it to work I'll post up some pictures of the old wheel it's in pretty good condition there is one little nick in the leather caused by someones nail I guess but it's about 1mm long, I've always conditioned the leather on it too. So if the new one fits I'll shoot you a PM ok?

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Adnan633 said:
The leak is coming from the front of the car on the right hand sand, it looks like oil it is purple. It does not leak overnight it only leaks when i drive it and come back so im thinking maybe transmission fluid or power steering fluid?
I would first check the transmission oil level and where the wiring loom enters the transmission, this connector (seal) is a known problem. Secondly check your steering oil level they are prone to leaks on the pipes and rack but generally on the left side.

The transmission seal only leaks whilst driving and will stop leaking when you switch off the engine. There is also a splash guard under the transmission so when the engine is off any leaked fluid will sit on the splash guard.

·
Registered
Mercedes S320
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NZ Benz said:
Yea it depends on if I can get this other wheel to fit my car, basicly the connections are slightly different but I think I can do it by changing over the airbag mountings in the wheel so what you would have to do is change the airbag mounts from yours into this one, IF I can get it to work I'll post up some pictures of the old wheel it's in pretty good condition there is one little nick in the leather caused by someones nail I guess but it's about 1mm long, I've always conditioned the leather on it too. So if the new one fits I'll shoot you a PM ok?

ok cool thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts