Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, got a new issue with my e430 2002, since the last time i had the tires roatated, they are conti sport with about 60% thread left, sometimes the car feels likes it swings little bit to the left then immeditly swings back little bit to the right??? its strange, first time it did that i thought i was dizzy, i read somewhere that these tires ll try to find the groove in the pavement to follow it, did that happen to anyone before? like i said thread on tires are good but they feel kind of smooth:confused: .....any ideas what is going on..

·
Registered
Oo == oO 98 E320
674 Posts
You may have some uneven tread wear causing this sensation that will likely lessen as the tread evens out. It may not go away completely with the # of miles already on the tires.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i searched the forums and some were saying its the bush when they were out they gave that Wandering feeling, gonna take it to the dealer to find out.

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,550 Posts
It's just the thread pattern along with the Lo profile of the tires. I have a 01 430 with the GY Eagle GS-D series. The D2 came OEM and the sensation was there from day one on anything but smooth pavement. Then I went to B'Stones RE-750 with a bit thicker sidewalls and the sensation disappeared completely. The 'Stones were quieter but crappy in handling so I switched back to the GY ...D3 - their latest rendition of the GS-D series. Grips like glue, but wanders on pavement undulations and wears like sweet food in your mouth - doesn't last long!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i was gonna get the 18 amg wheels with falken 452 tires, so i ll put them on first, if i still get that wandring thing i ll take to the dealer to check it

·
Registered
Oo == oO 98 E320
674 Posts
Lower control arm bushings being well-worn can give you a wandering feeling. Though you don't have many miles on your car, they don't seem to last particularly long on this chassis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts