Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What do you think is the BEST 123 model ever built? Not what u drive personally, but what u think wa

• Vergasser (no designation)(carb)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Einspritzer

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Diesel

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Diesel Turbo

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Touring

• Touring Einspritzer

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Touring Diesel

• Touring Diesel Turbo

• Coupe

• Coupe Einspritzer

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Coupe Diesel

• Coupe Diesel Turbo

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think is the BEST 123 model ever built? Not what u drive personally, but what u think was the BEST PRODUCED, overall.

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sportline W124
790 Posts
230E. Not only it's easy to maintain, but it's the most reasonable,stylish medium of transportation IMO. Enough power w/o consuming too much fuel.

I don't know, I always attracted to four cylinder.[:D]

·
Registered
2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
2,533 Posts
i think i agree with tiger-

if i could have found a gas 123 chassis, especially a 4 cylinder, i would have jumped on it.

but, alas... we barely even have diesels down here. in a marriage and family class, my instructor said diesel vehicles had no merits over their gasoline counterparts and went further and said that diesels used too much gas(?!?!) and poluted too much.

i bit my tongue and just wrote it down, it was actually on the exam, and i did challenge him then. he only gave me half credit, though.[:(!]

tomorrow should be fun, we're discussing sex toys in class and he promised to bring some for show and tell hahahahaha what a joke of a class...

oh yeah, on topic--

Diesel 4 cylinders were my pick because of the less complex engine and the maintenence requirements that this omits from the ownership experience. i wanted a turbo, but my dad always said to *never* buy a secondhand turbo, theyre problematic. i guess maybe thats sports car turbos though, i dont know that you could hotrod a diesel, even with a turbo.

·
Registered
'72 220d, 250td, e320cdi
249 Posts
i dont know, i have only ever driven my 240td. i guy i know has a 230e and he loves that. i would like more power than the 240, but its ok and will probably last longer than a gasser. a w123 is a w123 though.. they are all good!!!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i still think that the Touring Diesel Turbo is the best ever produced. lots of room, enclosed rear section, air suspension, and looks awesome. (better than my Coupe Diesel Turbo even)

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Well, you'll most often see the rear of the car if that's what you mean [:D]

The 300D's had different body trim but are very subtle changes. The 240D has no chrome under the taillight while the 300D has. I myself still can't tell if it's a 300D or 240D when I drive around and see other W123s here. Usually it's a 300D or 240D. Most of the time the 300D is turbo.

When I get home I'll compare some images of cars, hopefully I could see something new. [:p]

·
Registered
483 Posts
I was walking down the street the other day, and saw this nice W123 wagon. Walked up close, it was a 280TE. I was like, wow, never saw a w123 gas wagon.

I'll say the 300D Turbo since that's the only w123 I've ever driven.

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Im going to say 300CD Turbo. You all know why. [:I]

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sportline W124
790 Posts
iNeon - 4/6/2005 5:25 AM

......tomorrow should be fun, we're discussing sex toys in class and he promised to bring some for show and tell hahahahaha what a joke of a class....

iNeon, did he promised to bring the toys or the users?[:D]

Ok back to topic, I count we are tie between gas and diesels.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
A 185 bhp 280 CE European market is the ultimate 123, best looks and performance – the best looking coupe DB ever made. [8D]

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes, i would say that definately, the day i inherit, i will fly to Deutschland, and begin work on aquiring a AMG 280CE 5,0.........how absolutely raw and gangster can it get???

only looked at the one pics page quick, so i gotta ask, is that only a normal 5,0 v8 motor, or does it also have a better head/cams to be even more quicker?

·
Registered
'81 300TD Turbo
416 Posts
iNeon - 4/6/2005 5:25 AM

tomorrow should be fun, we're discussing sex toys in class and he promised to bring some for show and tell hahahahaha what a joke of a class...
Diesels and sex toys in the same class? What kind of class is this again and how much is this costing you?

·
Registered
2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
2,533 Posts
its a sociology 250 class. marriage and the family.

im mainly taking it to pad the ole GPA[:D]

full of freshman and sophomores, and they giggle when he says penis.

the class really centers around common sense type things, transportation, insurance, relations, problems normal stuff, really.

·
Registered
Mercedes 1979 280ce
179 Posts
European version of the 280E and the 280CE - 185hp, you can patch the tires with the manual four-speed transmission - zoom zoom zoom

1 - 20 of 23 Posts