Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So another January is upon us, which means that I'm posting up another G2G thread. :D

Last year's meet was an unprecidented success with special thanks to Jay, my friends Mike and Tibi, and all of the guys over at PureMB.com. We had a great meet and got loads of pics.

I really could go on, but there are too many to post, so here is the link to pics from last year instead.

I expect that this year's meet will be just as big, if not bigger. Word has gotten around during the last couple of years that 190rev spring meets have been good ones, and attendance has grown steadily year over year. Last year we had ~15 cars show up, and it was the biggest yet. I will be posting a similar thread on both 190rev.net and PureMB.com to try and gather as much attention to this as possible.

I also have something very special planned which I'm sure will have the West Coast boys green with envy. I'm keeping it to myself for now but I really do think that it would be exceptionally hard for anyone to top this.

OK so here's the basic rundown: We will do a lunch time meet & greet in the east end of Toronto, followed by a 2-4 hour pleasure drive through the Kawartha Lakes region, a stop in Peterborough for refreshments, and then returning to Toronto in the evening.

I'm triggering a forum vote on 190rev.net which will close on the 31st of March. Between now and then, everyone who is planning to attend please vote on a Saturday in June to do this. The most popular day is the one we stick to.

Any and all German tuners and enthousiasts are welcome to attend. That means bring your Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, VW, Opel, or Bugatti Veyron.

:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just looking at the pics, and wow, you're gonna have to bring something big to top that Koenig Special coupe haha. I'll try to make it.
I'm hoping that he comes out again that car was a dream to see in real life and I was blown away that someone actually brought it out of the garage for my get together. What I have planned, though, is of quite a different nature entirely. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great start there are already more than half a dozen takers! I have talked to a friend of mine to see if he can help me with my idea and he thinks that it is 100% doable. Things are moving forward well, lets keep this thread alive.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
FINALLY, a map of the route I have in mind. I will drive the roads to the north of Peterborough to confirm that they are accessable and well paved prior to the meet.

So the basic idea is this..
  • We meet at Scarborough Town Centre (Start) in a large parking lot near a restaurant at 11AM.
  • We talk shop and then eat, departing from this location at ~1:30
  • We drive to Peterborough, a distance of approxemately 110 km/70 miles.
  • (1) Stop at a large drumlin known as "Armour Hill" in Peterborough, the location has a commanding view of the town and it has a VERY large parking lot on top.. Ideal for pictures.
  • Proceed on our pleasure drive through the north end of Peterborough, and through the University grounds. Lots of twists and turns, river/lakeside driving.
  • Mapquest says the trip should take around 2 hours (Blue line).
  • (2) Stop for refreshments at a pub in Peterborough at around 5:30PM, departing at around 6:30 for Toronto
  • (3) Return to Toronto and visit the "Queensway Kruz", a weekly car enthousiast drive which will be taking place at 1608 The Queensway (Canadian Tire parking lot)

Zoomed in:

Total driving time:6 hours (not including breaks)
Total driving distance:~375 KM

Everybody should remember to tank up before you reach the meet at Scarborough Town Centre. There is only 1 rest stop between there and Peterborough on the highway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, so here it is.... and its been burning to come out of me for the last 2 months.

My friend Ian is a small aircraft pilot & flight trainer. He works for a company that does tours, training, and most importantly, aerial photography. He has access to a Cessna 172 with all of the necessary equipment to take pictures of our convoy using the wingtip mounted cameras. Furthermore, he has agreed to take a friend of mine up who will be able to use my heavy hardware (Canon XTI) plus the necessary long lenses to get more pics from the air. He says that he will be able to drop to 500 feet to capture the best images for us. The route that I have chosen will take us over bridges, through forests, beside lakes and rivers, cottages, resorts, the list goes on. Its a great path and I have already driven half of it this past week.

He says that the cost to do this will be $180 for an hour, perhaps a bit longer if we're almost wrapped up on our route. He will take off and land at Peterborough airport and won't lift off until I call him to say that we're ready to go. The plane can cruise at slow speeds so picture oppourtunities will be abundant. There's also the chance that they can use a video camera mounted to one wing so that we might have video footage of our cruise through the wilderness.

By my count, there are around 15 members who have voted on my poll, 10 of them having voted on the 19th. If all 10 of you guys pitch in with me, we're paying less than 20 bucks per person for the chance to have our meet videographed/photographed from the air. This is the kind of oppourtunity that I don't know that I will be able to replicate so if people have interest, lets get this one going.

By the way, its March 31st and the Rev meet is now officially on Saturday, June 19th!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Pretty well just a bump. This thread is still alive and kicking. I am going to post a list of all of the users who claim to be attending thus far.

1. NotRod2HotRod (190rev)
2. W201 (190rev)
3. Discoduck (190rev)
4. DanSz_PL (190rev)
5. TurnPike (190rev)
6. kikicanadian (190rev)
7. 190E AMG (190rev)
8. bobbeck (190rev)
9. The Benz Master (190rev)
10. craigmac215 (190rev)
11. ivan820 (190rev)
12. SDragon (190rev)
13. TABERNACK (190rev)
14. Jippi (190rev)
15. Rabidfox (190rev)
16. george3soccer (190rev)
17. ojrana (190rev)

...and that's just from our club! :190rev:

18. Blago (Benzworld)
19. rjb190e (Benzworld)
20. and007ca (Benzworld)
21. tsan24 (Benzworld)

...the guys from Benzworld.

22. broken_arrow (PureMB)
23. TTKoenig (PureMB)
24. icecube (PureMB)
25. yuri55 (PureMB)
26. Eddie_Jai (PureMB)
27. UDWANIT2 (PureMB)
28. Knight_rider (PureMB)
29. Subster (PureMB)

and the Toronto crew from PureMB.

June 19th is 8 weeks away! Get workin' on those mods folks!!

·
Registered
1972 Mercedes 280 SE 4.5
31 Posts
A different GTG

It sounds like a really great GTG you guys are going to have. Too bad I can't make it.....it would be neat to see all your cars going along.

Anyway, there is another event, perhaps more in line with my kind of car, but hey, maybe you guys would want to check it out too. It is a GTG & Concours the next weekend: June 27, 2010.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/events/1520587-toronto-gtg-concours-june-27-2010-a.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.