1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
sl600
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So misfiring from 0-7 cyclinders, 17% engine load AT IDLE

could it be the voltage transformer or one of the coil packs done for

I thought I had another couple months till i have to change some plugs or packs ( 2 years)

Also whats that guy name that fixes and let you rent coilpacks

I was thinking gas could be a issue, cause sometimes it does that (runs rough after random gas station) but goes away the next start or next day.

·
Registered
2003 SL55; 2011 E350 BTC
444 Posts
I’ll bet 10:1 that it’s coil packs. Get a scan to pinpoint the issue first, otherwise you may be wasting money.
Sorry I don’t know the repair shop, but a quick search of the forums should find it.

·
Registered
2004 SL600
52 Posts
So misfiring from 0-7 cyclinders, 17% engine load AT IDLE

could it be the voltage transformer or one of the coil packs done for

I thought I had another couple months till i have to change some plugs or packs ( 2 years)

Also whats that guy name that fixes and let you rent coilpacks

I was thinking gas could be a issue, cause sometimes it does that (runs rough after random gas station) but goes away the next start or next day.

Good Luck

·
Registered
W163 ML320, W220 S500, R230 SL600TT, R170 SLK230, W140 S500, More
627 Posts
Clark Rupp, at v12icpack.com
If you haven't changed the spark plugs now is a great time to change those, and make sure you get the exact spark plug that came with the car when new, no substitute. It is a NGK Iridium plug and the beast has 24 of them! I had driver side coil pack rebuilt by Clark and replaced all the plugs and it is Purr-fect.

·
Registered
W163 ML320, W220 S500, R230 SL600TT, R170 SLK230, W140 S500, More
627 Posts
What was done two years ago? Once done, there should be several years and many miles before it's an issue again. It is a mistake to leave spark plugs in these engines too long (like over 50-60K miles) because as the gap slightly gets bigger it makes it harder work for the coilpack to make the spark jump, It is my opinion that if you change your plugs on these engines every 40K miles you may never have to rebuild your coil packs. I could be wrong, though.

·
Registered
sl600
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i got the iridium spark plugs early last year, and changed boots, coil packs looked fairly healthy (replaced before I had it), so doing my recent inspection, I notice that the drivers side coil pack ground wire was disconnected from the engine (loose bolt) but i tighten it, still didnt fix the misfing through 1-7. i know i need to change valve gasket, and get a new coupler for the throttle body (HUGE BOOST LEAK, coupler ripped)

·
Registered
sl600
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I ordered a rental Voltage transformer from v12icpack.com for 50$ so I'll start there. I changed the oil filter and abc filter, but I probably going have to quite of bit inspection and maintenance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts