Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[:(!] Oh man do I hate that stupid light! You can reset the thing over and over and it still comes on when it wants to...not a thing wrong with the engine they tell me at the dealership each time I take it in for regular service.....anybody else want to rip the thing outa the dash????[}:)]

·
Registered
1991 500SL
19 Posts
[:(!] Oh man do I hate that stupid light! You can reset the thing over and over and it still comes on when it wants to...not a thing wrong with the engine they tell me at the dealership each time I take it in for regular service.....anybody else want to rip the thing outa the dash????[}:)]
A couple of important points, firstly if you live in California, you cannot remove this light! If you do you will not pass any smog test that your vehicle may need to undergo in the future. The light will go on if the oxygen sensor notices abnormalities. There is an electronically activated air pump that sends extra air into the exhaust, it is controlled via an electric clutch, bottom left side on the serpentine if you are facing the rear of your car. If this is not functioning, the light will come on. Check the O2 sensor and the catalytic converter.

N

·
Registered
1991 500SL
19 Posts
Check engine

We can't do that in California due to smog check. When you go in for the check, they have to see the light come on and then go off again or you get an F!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts