Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone,

Just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to the members of this board for their insight and advice on the W210 E55. After a long search, I finally pulled the trigger this afternoon on a 2000 w/ 74,000 kms (approx. 46,000 miles). No great options, its a basic 55, silver in colour.

The car is not perfect, it has a couple parking lot dings, and the PO was reluctant to include the his AMG wheels, it's currently riding on a winter setup, which is fine since we're expecting snow in Ontario soon. I expect to acquire a pair of Monoblocks before spring, if anyone has a set for sale? Despite these drawbacks, it was still the best maintained, cleanest E55 I have found recently.

I'm sure as I drive the car I'll find some of the quirks expressed here on the board, I already notice my temperature gauge not reading accurately. I suspect the instrument cluster was probably already changed out, the is a carfax record noting this. I think I might also do the x-pipe modification, car is just too quiet for such a beast. Coming from a 2001 W203, which has been my worst MB experience, I cannot begin to tell you how much more substantial the W210 is in almost all respects. Since the car is not a daily driver, I plan to enjoy it for a long, long time.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays to you all,

Rob

·
Registered
710 Posts
Good morning Rob,

Welcome to the fraternity of W210 E55 drivers. You'll find that as you sort your car out, you'll enjoy it more and more. I too had hopes of using mine as the "weekend" car. However, I've enjoyed the car so much that I use it daily.

Good luck, welcome aboard and have a great holiday.:thumbsup:

Mike K.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats, its a very enjoyable car, I did the X-pipe mod about a week or so ago and i cut my secondary cats out at the same time and it sounds great.
Raffi

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Install a

H-pipe.Better balance,easier to fab,more low end torque.
Mellower sound
:bowdown:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I've been debating whether to do an exhaust modification in the spring.
The car is not my daily driver, although I wish it were. At the moment, I have not driven it in 2 weeks due to snow and extremely cold temperatures here in Southern Ontario. I've only driven the car about 6 times since buying it, but I already feel that I want a deeper, meaner V8 sound and who can argue increased torque?

At the moment, I've been hunting down monoblocks since the car did not come with summer wheels/tires, but rather a winter set-up. PO was holding onto monoblocks for another MB. I can't seem to find anything and don't want to settle for replica's off ebay. Was trying to see if W129 wheels would fit as I found a set in Detroit, but the seller sold wheels before my research was complete.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts