Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 e320, 94 sl320, 99 mustang, 90 & 91 300zx twin turbo
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks for all the advice guys, if anybody here from around the LA or OC area ever need help replacing spark plugs on a 96-97 e320 send me an email or PM i will be glad to stop by and offer a hand, i have all the tools to get it done, i change mine every 5,000 miles

·
Registered
794 Posts
interior-magic said:
thanks for all the advice guys, if anybody here from around the LA or OC area ever need help replacing spark plugs on a 96-97 e320 send me an email or PM i will be glad to stop by and offer a hand, i have all the tools to get it done, i change mine every 5,000 miles
You change plugs in your W210 every 5k miles?

Por que?

Why?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i do tune up on all my cars every 5000 miles that way everything is up to date, it keeps the cars running their best and unwanted problems away, beside spark plugs are very cheap and easy to change

·
Registered
794 Posts
interior-magic said:
i do tune up on all my cars every 5000 miles that way everything is up to date, it keeps the cars running their best and unwanted problems away, beside spark plugs are very cheap and easy to change
Mine has 12 sparks plugs...the owner's manual says they can go for 100k. I had them replaced at 98k and they still looked good.

But if you do it yourself and get a good deal on plugs, then I guess it makes sense. I've just never changed plugs that often (in any car, Benz or no Benz) ...so how often do you change the oil?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i change my oil every 5k also, i should add, i only drive my benzs about 10k a year so, so i only have to change my oil and plugs twice a year

·
Registered
E-Class, SLK
412 Posts
interior-magic said:
Interior-magic, Did you get the instruction on how to replace the spark plugs for 97 E320? A friend of mine is trying to change the spark plugs (6 plugs for that model) but he only found 3 of them.

Thanks,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts