Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you all think i can get out of 99 430. it has 47,000 miles. black on oyster, <br> <br> options are:<br> <br> K2- Integrated CD CHANGER<br> Portable Phone <br> <br> K3- Rain sensor wiper<br> Glass Sunroof<br> Elec Rear window sun shade<br> <br> the total on the car was $51,380.00 <br> <br> What do you think i can get on trade on a USED 55.<br> <br> http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=30433619&photoID=30436206&security=JwnKjmeEmt<br> If that does not work then try this ;)<br> <br> http://community.webshots.com/user/kerrspictures <br> <br> Oh the car now has limo tinted windows

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
$51,380 for 99'Clk 430 ?? Do they still go for that high? I just bought my 01' Clk430...............

<br> silver color( hard to find for used one)with the same optional as your for only $45,500. After i went to DMV and pay all those NONSENSE taxs and the car still come out under $50,000. This is only six month ago.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kleemann Supercharger

Ok dumb question, who is the Kleemann guy? Ive been seeing you all say Kleemann suspension.....wheels..... brakes..... ect ect ect..... <br> <br> is there any more info. on the supercharger? like power, torque, price....<br> <br> <br> As for my car noting is wrong with it. I just want to go faster.... My car before I got the wife and the benz was a 480hp Twin turbo supra.... So the 430 is just not fast to me.... However i was use to the supra and it was not fast eithor....:(<br> <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh..shit !! 480 hp twin turbo Supra....??? Hey buddy, nothing you do it gonna make the .............

<br> Clk 430 faster the the Supra except Kleemann Clk 55 !!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got my 2001 CLK320 at Fletcher Jones for 50k, it was brand new . . . how did you get urs so cheap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What's with you?

It at least appeared that you used to trust and respect my opinions on parts, but now that I work for Evosport, my opinions are no longer reliable? We don't make a business off of pushing parts. Instead we examine and test practically every product we sell. Wouldn't that only make my posts more reliable? While obviously I wouldn't mind if my posts happen to get someone's business, that is not why I post. If my posts bother you, instead of posting comments that make it seem like I'm a POS, please just ignore them for now on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have Kleemann suspension, and soon the supercharger.

The 430K puts out 430HP and 409lbs torque. Kleemann's fixed price for the 430 Kompressor is $14,350 plus labor. Their brakes are modified Brembo's, which perform slightly better, but either Brembo's or Kleemann brakes would provide more than enough stopping power for the CLK.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I might be able to get close with my 430....

I'll be installing the Kleemann in the next month or so... although it is a guessing game as to how much power I will end up with, it will probably be somewhere between 430 and 550... maybe 480?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My mistake, I just combined what I saw there with waiting for a non sales impression of the shocks..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You know, you can upgrade the Kleemann kit further :)

One of the Kleemann dealers told me that you can change the size of the pulleys (if I remember correctly) on a stock 430 with a Kleemann supercharger to get 500HP. Doing this would increase the airflow, and put more strain on the engine, but I'm not sure how much. It's possible that having less power than the 55K, you may be quicker due to the traction issues of putting 500HP and close to 600lbs torque to the wheels.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If I can get anywhere...

close to 480-500 hp by putting the Kleemann on top of my existing setup, I'm not going to do the pulleys. When I last spoke to Mr. Vanos, he seemed to think the engine wear caused by the pulleys was significant.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts