Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 ML430
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Than ever! Thought about trading it in for minor issues and now that there solved I'm glad I didn't..

Things done:

CHANGED MY Igniter and Ballast, as well as my front lens. There's a guy on ebay selling new hella headlights with broken clips for $125. THERE a steal. Baking the light in the oven for 5 minutes on 200 degrees helped the lens come off easy!

Got new Firestone Duller Alenza tires on sale for $800

Got my power steering reservoir changed. I was going to DIY but called Lake Side motors in Portland to see what they would charge as for a little $$ I'd rather some one who knew what they were doing deal with it than me (because of the oring). They said they wouldn't do it with an Auto hausz part because they are cheap. I told them ok, well when I looked at the part realized it was damaged. First time I had trouble with auto hausz and I buy a lot of stuff from there. So sending back what I bought, Lake side did it with parts for $130 (labor was $90).

Ordered a passenger side mirro from ebay for $320. I cracked mine awhile ago and got it with matching paint!

Going to toss in a Pioneer Avic 920BX later next month.

THINGS still do to.

BREAK BOOSTER is annoying as hell. Autohausz wants $500+ for the part and labor is $300+. Don't know if I'm going to do this or not but I want it done.

I'll post pictures later after I install the mirror

ANYWAY THANKS FORUM! Glad I kept my truck

·
Registered
2001 ML430
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh they said my valve cover gaskets are linking and want to charge me $400 to replace them. Good deal bad deal??

I need to replace my spark plug wires as they have never been prelaced. I did plugs at 95k miles and have 150k on the rig now, should I change those too?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts