Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the Norwegian contribution to testreports of the new ML.

http://www.dinside.no/php/art.php?id=211113

The text is in Norwegian so I guess the pictues are the most interesting, so look at the pictures and enjoy[:)]

·
Registered
'12 Peugeot 3008 HYbrid4 (sorry!)
397 Posts
Thanks, Ansan

I read the test, and liked it (mostly) - and the pics are for once different from what you see normally.

For non-Norwegian readers, the pictures start at:

http://www.dinside.no/php/art.php?id=211119&bid=1 - then click on "neste" and enjoy 31 until now unseen pics.

Cheers from the shores of Lago Maggiore, Italy

Birger

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,117 Posts
Thanks, Ansan--nice photos. What do you think of the AMG package?

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Great pics .. I love the off-roading ones. The New ML can get pretty big. I wonder if it has more ground clearance than I do ?? NAAAAA !!! [:p]

·
Registered
397 Posts
Interesting to see that the rear spare wheel carrier:

may apparently be offered again - at a later time.

Birger

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Greg W.

I think the AMG styling looks great as allways, but for the price they charge they should offer more. They should include 19" AMG wheels, AMG interiour details like, AMG floormats, AMG doorsills, etc. Then I think more people would dig out the their hard earned money for this option.

I have not ordered this option for my ML320 CDI in Norway, since the retailprice with all options except AMG styling and 3-zone klima is 164.000 USD. In addition I need 20- or 22" summertires from Brabus or Carlsson (or even better AMG if they will start offer these sizes) and dieselchip from my supplier Kicherer in Germany to take the power to 290hp and 610 Nm!!!!

Regards, from Norway.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Birger.

So, do you understand Norwegian? If so I must say I am impressed since it quite hard to learn.

Anyway, yes the pictures were nice. I also found it interesting with the rear spare wheel carrier, but they should include pictures from the back of the car with this in place (I will try to mail the author and ask him for this).

They did not test a ML with sports package so that was disapointing, so I guess I have to wait for that.

Regards and happy Easter from Norway.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi ansan,

Sure I understand Norwegian (more or less, at least) - I spent most of my childhood Easters in Norway. And basic knowledge of Norwegian and Swedish was part of the standard curriculum when I went to school in Denmark many years back.

Also, as you know, there was until 1917 quite a close relationship between our countries ;)

I quite agree that the AMG front + rear bumpers are grossy overpriced - practically you have to get the sport appearence package, get the AMG wheels added, then dish out 3,364 EUR for the bumpers - come on....

OTOH, the sport appearance package on its own is not bad - I'm very close to preferring this to the partial or full leather packages. Alpine Rain + alpaca grey alcantara interior - but I'm still considering....

Do you mean that there's already "vitamine injection boxes" available for the new diesel?? Sounds tempting.

Cheers from sunny, warm Northern Italy,

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
ansan - 3/25/2005 3:11 AM

Hello Greg W.

I think the AMG styling looks great as allways, but for the price they charge they should offer more. They should include 19" AMG wheels, AMG interiour details like, AMG floormats, AMG doorsills, etc. Then I think more people would dig out the their hard earned money for this option.

I have not ordered this option for my ML320 CDI in Norway, since the retailprice with all options except AMG styling and 3-zone klima is 164.000 USD. In addition I need 20- or 22" summertires from Brabus or Carlsson (or even better AMG if they will start offer these sizes) and dieselchip from my supplier Kicherer in Germany to take the power to 290hp and 610 Nm!!!!

Regards, from Norway.
The AMG package does include the 19" AMG wheels (at least in US) and square exhaust tips, in addition to the front and rear bumpers, for US$4,500. But, still seems expensive. There should be interior upgrades with it. Another thing, it doesn't appear you can order the Alcantara seats when you get this package. That seems like a natural combination.

BTW, Brabus will show it's wheels for the W164 at the Frankfurt show in September.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Cupholders, or lack thereof...

Did you notice that one of the pictures shows the ML w/o the cupholders in the middle? This would be in line with one of the early pre-production shots that were posted here a couple of months ago. Most interesting! I wonder if it's an option delete package?

I'm also happy that the production W164s get the traditional MB wedge-shaped door anchors, unlike in the pre-production's pictures.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
RE: Cupholders, or lack thereof...

Drew - 3/25/2005 8:37 AM

Did you notice that one of the pictures shows the ML w/o the cupholders in the middle? This would be in line with one of the early pre-production shots that were posted here a couple of months ago. Most interesting! I wonder if it's an option delete package?
I bet it's Euro vs North American configuration.

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts

Drew - 3/25/2005 8:37 AM
I'm also happy that the production W164s get the traditional MB wedge-shaped door anchors, unlike in the pre-production's pictures.

Drew, sure about that? Still looks pretty flimsy in this shot.

The instrument cluster looks good on this one.

This is pretty neat, too. Wonder what those two bars are for?

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,255 Posts

This is pretty neat, too. Wonder what those two bars are for?
Legs for the combination cargo floor/picnic table?[:p]

- RODNEY

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,255 Posts

The bins are probably specific to the European model where cupholders are “not very popular�. The good news for those that would prefer bins over cupholders is that the part is easily replaced – four screws and it comes right out.

- RODNEY

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Hello.

The two bars are for the FixKit luggage system in trunck. It seems nice (I have had it in several 211 E-class), but I found myself never using it.

In Europe we can combine the Alcantara seats and the AMG bumpers, but we pay big-time for this option. If you want to combine the Sportspackage (what is called Apperance package in the US), the AMG styling and 19" AMG wheels it costs 7.983 USD (=6.000 EUR)!

The dieselchip for the new generation V6 CDI's are not ready yet, but since the engine is now available in the C-class it is just a matter of weeks before its ready. I delivered a new 2005 Audi A6 3.0 TDI S-Line which was tuned by Sportec in Switzerland and that made 278 hp/560Nm when the engine was brand new.
The Mercedes engine are usually easier to tune, hence 290hp/610-620Nm (which is my guestimate). But my old 2000 E320CDI T AMG was tuned 282hp/609Nm (measured, not guestimeted) and 100.000 km later it still runs better that ever.

Regards from Norway.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
RE: AMG package

ansan - 3/25/2005 12:15 PM

Hello.

In Europe we can combine the Alcantara seats and the AMG bumpers, but we pay big-time for this option. If you want to combine the Sportspackage (what is called Apperance package in the US), the AMG styling and 19" AMG wheels it costs 7.983 USD (=6.000 EUR)!
That combination would be $7,050 is the US, but for some reason they have barred it. I don't understand how you get the sport seats with the AMG. Guess I'll have my salesperson look into it.

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Rodney, I would probably keep the cupholders and use them as cubbies if need be. I do like the wood covers on the bins though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts