Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1987 560SL
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm working on an intermittent stalling issue outlined in my previous thread here.

Usually she starts right back up after stalling, but today I had to limp home with ~8-12 second cranks in between starts.
I noticed my tach barely moves when cranking, which may point to a faulty CPS. (video of tach cranking here)

I'd like to know the best procedure for testing everything from the TD-signal, generated by the EZL-ECU, based on input from the CPS.
Does anybody have experience testing these?
In an easier world I would just swap out the CPS, but I can't find the part anywhere (or it's extremely $$$)

·
Registered
1987 560SL
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Interesting thing happened today.
Could not get the car started after work. I unplugged the CPS, wiped it off, plugged it back in, and viola, she started. Got home running very poorly and jumpy, but with no stalls.

I would love to just replace this CPS but I cannot for the life of me find it online. Can I swap this from a different model Benz? Any leads?

This sensor off a Mercedes Vito (Mercedes #0021539028) looks very similar and same correct resistance. Would it work?

J

·
'89 300E Turbo project, ‘85 Audi Coupe Quattro, ‘71 BMW turbo 2002, '73 BMW 2002tii, ‘67 Kaiser M725
17,640 Posts

·
'89 300E Turbo project, ‘85 Audi Coupe Quattro, ‘71 BMW turbo 2002, '73 BMW 2002tii, ‘67 Kaiser M725
17,640 Posts
PMing you a link to the only new one in existence so you don’t get sniped by me posting link here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts