Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
300E modded, ML500
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can sum it up in two words :

Amazing , Awesome. mercedes really returned to their roots of solid construction and good form, the car feels like a geniune mercedes . I felt this car could go on to the autobahn and go like 100 for hours on end . The acceleration for the 350 model is very strong. I had to press slightly and the suv was off like a horse in the races.

Whereas, the X5 is a little more sporty to drive, if you are a mercedes fan, the new ML will definetly please you.

Furthermore, the price is VERY reasonable. The dealer was asking in the 39 range for minimum optioned ML. It is a fair price considering the X5 starts at high 40s. I wouldn't consider anything priced less a competitor of this car.

At first I wasn't very pleased with the look etc. but after I drove it, I am soon to believe that mercedes has a real winner on their hands ! that's my predictions. At the dealership I went to, there were a lot of interest and people buying that car as well.

·
Registered
'82 380SL+'02 ML320
188 Posts
Please give some insight into "minimum optioned" for $39k. From what little I have seen on the web site, the seating material you choose places you at about $40k with cloth, $44k with the partial leather, and $48k with full leather, for starters.

The cloth model has no package options, only accessories. My '02 has sport, premium, Bose, and sunroof. List on it was about $44k. The approximate same machine in the 164 is WAY over $50k, and gas price has doubled since '02 (we won't talk about how much better the new one is, because they sure weren't advertising that mine was lousy).

While I like the 164, I think I will wait for some early adopters to hand 'em down. MB has this machine set to be the most unbelievable profit maker in the line.

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,112 Posts
5thMB1stNew - 3/28/2005 5:26 AM

While I like the 164, I think I will wait for some early adopters to hand 'em down. MB has this machine set to be the most unbelievable profit maker in the line.
It's the options and the way they're packaged that drive the price up quickly. The base price is only 17% more than my '98 (received 1/98)--2.5%/year inflation is not bad, especially considering that the dollar is in the tank against the euro. But, back then, there were few options available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts