Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
E430, W210, stock
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my CLK 1998. dashboard cracked ! It looks terrible. I asked for replacement dash but it is insanly expensive. Labor for change it is also costly.

Any ideas how to fix this?

thnx

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 2010 S550 4matic
532 Posts
A good vinyl repair place (depending on your city/country) should be able to fix it. From the picture however it looks like more than just the small crack is going on so it may not be possible. The grove where the airbag cover sits looks really cracked or is missing vinyl. From day 1 I've used Vinylex on all the vinyl and my 2000 looks factory new and still have decent flex. Basically have to soak it for a few hours and keep applying the material to condition it. Did the same on a 1995 VW with 200K and it never cracked. I know people who have used Armourall and they get hardening/cracking. Lets face it our cars are getting old and vinyl does age and gets brittle. ANY pressure on the dash like from a foot a misplaced hand could stress crack it and it will only get worse.

Might try salvage but who knows what condition you could be getting. A repair will show and more than likely you'll loose some of th graining in the vinly when they do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts