Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<br> I have an 82 300d Turbo. The A/C blows cold, the fan seems to work in all modes. If you turn the temp dial to MAX heat, it will heat, but the intermediate settings produce only A/c air. Is this the climate control computer malfunctioning?<br> I bought the CD from the factory, but you have to have a test rig to trouble shoot the system if you do it their way. Could it just be the control wheel? I've heard you can change that alone.<br> <br> By the way, I went through the vacuum system and that is ok.<br> <br> I guess I might have to 'suck it and see' by changing the unit. I fixed my cruise control this way and it worked out, but the climate control system is more complicated

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Odd's are the temp. sensor isn't receiving sample air from the little dash vent due to the fact that the foam tube has disintegrated (notorious for this). The remnants of the foam tube are behind the glove box; remove it and replace tube with a new one or just a foam water pipe (small diameter) insulator from Home Depot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.