Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
S350 TD w140
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last day i saw that the temperature of the water is on 100º... is normal that? The fun run in the second pic.... is this normal?

When stop the fun in this temperature...

When the fun run to cold the water...

:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
In stop and go traffic or is the car is sitting and running this is normal, as long as it stays out of the red temp.

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
efra said:
this temperature is in town, if i take the freeway the temperatura go down, but the top of temperature is the second pic...
Looking at the oil pressure in the photo it looks like you were sitting in traffic. The car heats up alot in traffic, it gets very hot in spain? If so you may want to look at getting a cool harness, it makes the fans engage earlier before the car hits 100'C sorry I don't know where to get one but other members on the forum will, I guess have a look at your coolent levels and make sure they are full, aside from that I don't know what to do to reduce the temp, this is certainly the worst car I have had for heating up in traffic. :confused:

·
Registered
1995 S500L
70 Posts
NZ Benz said:
Looking at the oil pressure in the photo it looks like you were sitting in traffic. The car heats up alot in traffic, it gets very hot in spain? If so you may want to look at getting a cool harness, it makes the fans engage earlier before the car hits 100'C sorry I don't know where to get one but other members on the forum will, I guess have a look at your coolent levels and make sure they are full, aside from that I don't know what to do to reduce the temp, this is certainly the worst car I have had for heating up in traffic. :confused:
I believe its normal. To be on the safe side I would test your coolant and its levels. Also check out Jim's page, good stuff on the temp issue as well he sells the cool harnes. I picked up one and it seems to keep my temp down, I will really see in the next few months.

KCB :cool:

ps: Jim's site http://pages.prodigy.net/jforgione/MB_S500.html

·
Registered
S350 TD w140
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NZ Benz said:
I don't know what to do to reduce the temp, but i think must to buy a valve, this way the fun will engage most cooler and not wait until 100º.....

·
Premium Member
SL55, 300SE, GL450, Daytona 955i
10,293 Posts
its normal...enjoy the summer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On my 300sd i eliminated the fan and replaced it with an electric fan that has its sensor inserted into the upper radiator hose and the power taken from the the 30amp fuse for the aux fans.Now my temperature never goes above 95 deg. even in stop and go with the A/c running.

·
Registered
S350 TD w140
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thengerman said:
On my 300sd i eliminated the fan and replaced it with an electric fan that has its sensor inserted into the upper radiator hose and the power taken from the the 30amp fuse for the aux fans.Now my temperature never goes above 95 deg. even in stop and go with the A/c running.
can i do that? is better? do you have a pic?

·
Registered
230 Posts
hey hey hey! a lot of people tell me that that high temp is normal expecially in stop and go traffic. that used to happen to me and it really bothers because i find it unusual. well it kind of makes sense because it has a V8 engine so expect more "explosions" in the combustion chamber = more heat.

well right now, california summertime, stop and go traffic, ac off, the temp plays between 80 and 90. when the ac is on however, goes between 85-95. so basically my temp is able to stay down. i think that resistor trick (found in this forum too) workd for me. ( Jims aux fan modification, posted by Brett)

·
Registered
230 Posts
thengerman said:
hey! where did you get that?

·
Registered
230 Posts
high temps

oh let me share something...

the other day, my cars temp went soaring but it did not come very close to the red mark. i dont know why. it was just a mild day. when i got home, i opened the hood so it can cool down and i heard something right behind the headlight like something was frying! well it does not happen now. i just got bothered for a few days.

maybe its that silly NOS octane booster i put. because i purchased 2 bottles. one for the S500 and the other for the 190. i was driving the 190 and all of a sudden, the temp guage literally swung up and went back down after about 3 mins.. whew.. and it happend to the S500 too... im not getting that product anymore...

·
Registered
230 Posts
thengerman said:
I did not replace the aux fans.I eliminated the viscous clutch fan alltogether.
hmmm thats interesting.. so without the fan clutch...the main fan spins... but what about the 2 aux fans?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts