Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1982 300 D Turbo Diesel
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a bit of a newbie here and I have a bonehead question. I am a fairly new 300D owner and my familiarity with my new to me baby is still rather limited. Just last week, my engine temp guage went dead. I'm guessing that the sensor on the engine has gone amuck and I would like to locate it in order to properly diagnose my issue. For what it's worth, the rest of my instrument cluster is working a-ok. If anyone has any guidance, I would certainly love to hear from you.

·
Registered
-88 250D, -93 280TE-24 Sportline and -00 E270T CDI
898 Posts
It's placed in the head, between the glowplugs, under the high pressure fuel pipes.
the electrical connection is just plugged on to the sensor, the glowplugs have nuts on the connection.. Good luck on finding the fault :-D (check that the tips on the fuses hasn't worn away from old age and vibration)

·
Registered
15 Posts
i found the sensor hidden on the block! right a little from the vacumn sensor! it was obscures by leads and cables in front you have to lift these cables sometimes to find! Does anyone know any fuses link to this sensor! If this sends info for the temperature guage surely theres a fuse for the guage!

·
Registered
1979 280CE
6,118 Posts
I think the fuse is for the whole gauge cluster so if only one thing went out then it must be the gauge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts