Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Temp. too high ? Happa, Ron anyone ?

1158 Views 3 Replies 0 Participants Last post by  Anuj
G
Is it normal to have my temp needle close to redline? I just noticed this today as it was really hot today and my needle went up to close to the line. If this is another bad sensor, please let me know so I can tech talk my service guy again. lol -) thanks<p>Mel
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well Lets see

when it reached redline did It go down? or no? Check your coolant warning on your car. It is sometimes an occurance when the outside temp is high like here in N.cali where it was 102 and your ac is running and you are in a stop and go situation.. If it happens again check with you dealer to find out if you are low on coolant or take it in so they can test the Thermostat sensor.. Let me know the conditions of that day and what kind of driving you did.. BTW how good is the AC on the clks'?<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: My temp is usually between 80-90 degrees

We haven't really had 100+ degrees here yet so I haven't been able to check the temperatures in that kind of weather. From what I've read from other people MBs run high temperatures. I guess if it runs at around 90 in warm weather it should be no problem, if it really goes a lot higher you might want to ask you dealer if it is normal.<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is not normal. It is likely not a bad sensor. Excessivly hard driving or stop-and-go driving ma

: Is it normal to have my temp needle close to redline? I just noticed this today as it was really hot today and my needle went up to close to the line. If this is another bad sensor, please let me know so I can tech talk my service guy again. lol -) thanks<p>Mel<p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.