Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does a 82 300D Turbo usually run at temprature. (AC running full blast, 90 degrees, and going down the interstate.) Mine runs at about 100 degrees. It usually dosent go over or below it after 30 minutes on the road, but I have seen the gauge go all the way up to red, and when I tried to open the hood the grille and hood release felt very hot to the touch along with the engine compartment. Any problems with this?

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Heat Problems

I had two 300 TD wagons, built one year apart and with approximately the same mileage. One ran hot even after the radiator had been replaced. The other never did. Heat is good for a diesel, in fact they run better. You should be careful in extreme heat on the highway or in traffic in town. If the temperature goes into the danger zone, roll down the windows and put the air on economy. This should bring it back down. Also, you might try RedLine Watter Wetter, as a temporary solution. This will bring down the temperature somewhat. About $6 per bottle. Racers use it and it is available online or at most automotive stores.
[:D]

·
Registered
80 450SL, 98 ML320
5 Posts
re: temp. question

My 1982 300 CD-T started running warmer than it should [ 90], so I flushed the radiator, removed the radiator and cleaned all the road grime and buildup off the outside,straightened any bent fins, replaced the thermostat with oem, new antifreeze, approx. 50-50 also would check fan belt for cond. and adjustment and also your aux. elec. fan for operation. When all was working as it should, I didn't have any fluctuation in temp. regardless. Hope this helps, JB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.