Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
CLK320 1999 Black/Black/Black
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 CLK320 that I recently purchased and am wondering if it is possible to set up the telephone through the radio? When I hit the TELE button on the radio it displays NO RADIO. Is this something that must be done at the dealer? Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The clk came with a 'star tek' phone from the factory, you can find a kit to use another phone but why? It's cheaper to buy a phone with 'blue tooth' and an ear piece.

·
Registered
2003 Ford Ranger kickass edition. Soon 2003 SL55
437 Posts
The clk came with a 'star tek' phone from the factory, you can find a kit to use another phone but why? It's cheaper to buy a phone with 'blue tooth' and an ear piece.

Exactly.. The phone set up that was integrated into the factory system is really out dated. Dont waste your time with it. The startac is also very outdated but im sure you would be able to find one on ebay if that is your plan.

·
Registered
2001-W210-CAPRI METALIC BLUE-/ 2002-W210 E300D
908 Posts
Depends on your use pattern..

cinellpro...... Please take a moment to fill out your profile so that we make INFORMED DECISIONS AND help you better.

I live in LA CA USA which means I am in my car at least 5 hours every day. That said, I am on that phone at least 4 and a half hours a day. That being said (2) I love the perfect integration, perfect sound quality, and flawless functionality on the interated system. People I talk with have no idea that I am on hands free or on the 405. That said (3) I found a local refitter who did it much cheaper than the dealer, and 4 me it was a no brainer, Quality ain't cheap.

Hope this helps.
B

·
Registered
CLK320 1999 Black/Black/Black
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the advice. I thought there might be an easy answer to this. I drive about 50 minutes each way to my office and am presently using a Bluetooth'ed Sprint. I'll check out the local "telecom" dealer.

·
Registered
CLK320
945 Posts

·
Registered
2002 CLK430 Cabriolet
338 Posts
Hey Cinellipro.....Everything that the guys are saying is true. It can be expensive. I have an 02 CLK430 of which I obtained in 2005. Then I did all the research, read all the forums, and finally, I did the entire install myself using parts bought off of eBay. Total cost was about $500.00 and that included the V60X (Sprint) phone. Infact to offset the cost, I bought two v60X phones and sold one back on eBay for a $315.00 profit. Right now I'm using a Motorola KRAZR phone and the MB v60 puck. I'll tell you right now, if you are willing to give up Sprint (I wasn't), then this project could be a lot simpler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts