Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had a message on my MCS that said something like this: TeleAid - Visit service. I thought there was some fault with the system so I pressed the button to find out if it was working. The gentleman on the other end told me that there was no problem, and that the message was alerting me to have the system upgraded, assumedly to the latest version. Has anyone have this happen to them??

I took the truck in (not because of the TeleAid thing, I really wanted to test drive the W164). After about an hour, I asked my SA why it was taking so long to have this "upgrade program" installed. It turned out that the tech had no idea why I was there and had been spending the entire time looking for a grounding "problem" on my TeleAid system. When he informed me and my SA that he'd have to take out a whole bunch of stuff to find out what the problem was, I promptly gave him the entire story all over again - all I need is a system upgrade!!!! Anyway, 2Hrs later, he was on the phone with MB Tech Center and about 3Hrs later (no kidding!!!), he had done a whole bunch of stuff and cleared a whole bunch of codes and I was OK for the road. As soon as I drove off the dealership driveway, the TeleAid message returned to the MCS screen. do these guys really know what they're doing???

BTW, never drove the W164 - just got the brochure and a whole bunch of stuff.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,170 Posts
That’s a bit perplexing. This generally only happens when there’s a fault detected in the Teleaid system, and that should have been easy enough for the technician to find. Did you go through the acquaintance call at delivery? If not, or if there were any problems during the call, it could mean they do not have the system programmed properly. This is easy to solve, but I doubt the service tech would know anything about it – you’d be better off going back to the sales side of the dealership.

- RODNEY

1 - 2 of 2 Posts