Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350 (apr 15)
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The story of our colleague's wife stranded with dead trans made me wonder if I should sign up for TeleAid. I actually made use of the BMW connection a time or two when I had the Z4, so since I'm thinking of heading out for a longish drive in a couple of weeks, it makes me feel like it would be prudent.

How much does it cost in the US? Any experience using it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
When you buy your car you will receive 1 year of TeleAid included. The dealer will sign you up, take your credit card info, and you will be auto billed in a year for about $250 per year. After you get your car you need to call and activate by using the password you gave your dealer at sign up.

·
Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
788 Posts
I pick my car up next month, haven't paid much attention to Teleaid function, yet.

So all the SLK350 have a hidden GPS and cellphone for Teleaid support regardless of whether you order Nav or cellphone wiring?

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Interesting ... but ... they can still get your location from the cell phone signal - so they can still position you even with an Audio 20 - in the uk we have nowt like teleaid.

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
bloflin - 4/17/2005 2:07 PM
...So all the SLK350 have a hidden GPS and cellphone for Teleaid support regardless of whether you order Nav or cellphone wiring?
Yes, at least for US models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts