Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ML 500
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have the dealer remove/reprogram the TeleAid error from my ECM, due to removing the TeleAid from the vehicle, will storing the vehicle for extended periods with the battery removed clear the deactivation code from the ECM?

Is there a way to put a resistor inline to trick the ECM to thinking the TeleAid is still connected? I know other vehicles can be tricked with resistors.

·
Registered
2005 CLK320
478 Posts
If I have the dealer remove/reprogram the TeleAid error from my ECM, due to removing the TeleAid from the vehicle, will storing the vehicle for extended periods with the battery removed clear the deactivation code from the ECM?

Is there a way to put a resistor inline to trick the ECM to thinking the TeleAid is still connected? I know other vehicles can be tricked with resistors.
What year and model is your vehicle?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2002 ML 500
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2002 ML500
Talked to dealer today and they said there is a chance that if I got the ECM reprogrammed to removed the TeleAid it might lose its memory with battery removed for 6 months but he thinks it most likely wont.

·
Registered
2002 ML 500
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer service department told me I needed to bring him the Star Bulletin as he never heard of such Bulletin of deleting the TeleAid. Is there a Star Bulletin for the ML W163? I searched and all I can find is a Star Bulletin for other models.

·
Registered
2005 CLK320
478 Posts
If the dealer programmed it and states disconnecting the battery can not change the programming. A fact that I would agree on.
I think he should program it again to fix the problem. Don't let him charge you for it.
Or get your own sds to avoid all these problems.
I also checked for service information on this found nothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts