Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt subscribe to tele aid since i thought it was a waste. But I have a screen that says 1 MALFUNCTION and that is because i never activated it. I know its normal and from what i checked into it doesnt go away. My question is if u subscribe to tele aid and then discontinue would that MALFUNCTION screen be prefiled with something else or would the 1 MALFUNCTION come back on. Im trying to see if i can get rid of that things, makes me look bad when people sit in my car and see that LOL. Thanks for your help in advance

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We cancelled our tele-aid after a year and there are no malfunctions, nor any bright red lights like some claim appear. Ours was cancelled over 3 months ago and no problems. I would hate looking at the 1 Malfunction text as well!! Good luck.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What tele-aid screen...

are you referring to? I don't ever remember seeing a Tele-aid screen, even before cancelling it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THERE IS A SCREEN

ok guys, there is a screen for tele aid that comes up and tells you its not active, then there is another that says there is a 1 malfunction and thats because i never activated the tele aid screen. Now im not sure if because you activated tele aid from the start and then canceled that the tele aid comepletely left the screen display or its something else. But please for anyone out there if you can check your display screens and tell me if u still have a tele aid screen if you still have it activte and if it canceled then does that screen that pops up go away. Thank you all in advance

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't ever remember seeing a Tele-aid screen...

I did have the 1 malfunction screen when I first picked up the car, only until I hit the Tele-aid button and got everything registered. I used Tele-aid, should say played with, 3 times in the first year, and I don't remember a screen telling me anything about it. I did check my car's computer screen this weekend and there definitely isn't any Tele-screen now. Your not talking about the Command NAV screens are you? I'm talking about the computer screen in the speedo, no Tele-aid info there whatsoever.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: I don't ever remember seeing a Tele-aid screen...

Thanks Bill, yeah what i have is a screen that says 'teleaid not activated' when i turn the car on. then that goes away and then it goes to the odometer screen, then when i turn the car off it goes to 1 malfunction. so my guess is if i activate the teleaid system then cancel it it will remove both screens off

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think you just called it!

I don't remember if we ever had the Tele-aid not activated screen, we hit the tele-aid button the night we bought it and got it all set up. I do remember the 1 malfunction screen, that one's hard to forget. I definitely have no Tele-aid not activated screen now. I'm curious, why not activate your Tele-aid and see if you want it, it is free for the first year. We had absolutely no problem cancelling it, it just wasn't worth the $240 a year after the free year to us. I really wish it had been an option because we did pay for the system, whether we use it or not. I've heard several MB die-hards talk about the fact that it's cheaper than the competition, but I don't believe that's true, the Infiniti Communicator system comes with 4 free years, not 1!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Bill

Thanks for your help. Yeah i figured it had to do something with the activation of it. The tele aid system actualy came with the car and I didnt have to pay any extra for it. Im in the USA not sure if any other places or other states maybe tack on an extra charge for it. But the reason I did not activate it was because I hate the idea that my credit card would be like an open account where they can charge as much as they want and there is no set limit. I was also offended at the idea that they only gave 30 mins. If you buy a Benz then u r spending as it is alot more than any other car for its class so that alone u should get the tele aid for free and unlimted. Plus, let me add, if the Benz was built so good then why should they have to worry about how many times u call ????? so any way i didnt want to sign up for it because of that. But now ill just activate it and then cancel in a week so i can get that 1 malfunction screen out.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What I ment about ...

the fact that we all paid for the Tele-aid hardware is that it is built into the cost of the car. If the feature were left off the car would have been cheaper. I believe the hardware includes both a cell phone and GPS, plus other doodads. On the C230s it's a $750 option, I'd rather still have the $750 in my pocket since I'm not using it. Good luck with getting yours staightened out!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a question please. When you get out of the car and lock the doors, should this display go out? My doors lock and activate alarm but the display saying 1 malfunction stays on until the doors are unlocked and the engine started again. Is this normal or should the lighted display screen go off completely?<br> <br> Thank you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts