Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchase my designo CLK430 as a Starmark vehicle and inquired about the Tel-Aid activiation. I was told that because I was not the original owner that I would have the pay the entire annual bill, of $240, instead of monthly. That I did not have a problem with. What I could not understand was what the rep said next. He said that, in addition to the annual bill, I will be charged 40 cents/minutes for ANY airtime used. My question is what am I getting for the $240[?]

·
Registered
'82 380SL+'02 ML320
188 Posts
Tele Aid

In my cheapskate opinion. To me, what you are getting, is screwed.

I had it for a year, and only used it to activate. Could it be a lifesaver if you had a wreck and the airbag set off the trouble signal? Yes. Likelihood? Not big. Low probability, high seriousness. Cell phone is 600 for the year, and you can use it as a .............cell phone.

·
Registered
2000 E320
173 Posts
The billing works just like a cell phone. You pay a monthly service charge (in this case $...

The billing works just like a cell phone. You pay a monthly service charge (in this case $20 a month) and you pay for any airtime you use (in this case $.40 a minute). Think of it is a cell phone plan that does not include any free minutes.

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
Tel Aid

I was given the first year of Tel-Aid free when purchasing a new car.(I did not renew) They still wanted a credit card, and when mine expired they sent me a note to give them a current expiration. I have used it three times once to register, once to check if It would locate me, and the third time I waited forever to get a response, seems they were in the middle of a shift change. I spoke to a representative and inquires as to the 240 and the .40 cents/min after the first twenty or so minutes, which is a bad deal considering the price of Cellular or PCS. The guy told me to cancell and use Cellular..I did. This program is not afiliated with MB it is an outside compay, MB does get a rebate!
If MB was serious they would provide the "emergency service" on a needed basis and bill it like road aid when out of warranty. I dont need someone to tell me the closest gas station, restaurant, or other irrevelent things. If I did then I could justify it, otherwise MB should spend the money on meaninfull features of the car.
Well I got it off my chest!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts