Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 S600
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner to a 2003 S600. This is my first Mercedes, so I'm learning everyday. I have a couple of questions that I hope someone would be able to assist with.

1.) The Telaid (Onstar type system). My car is missing the actual cellular telephone. The cradle is still there. Is there a way that I can upgrade that to make it work? Will it work without the cell phone? What's the best way to fix this?

2.) Is there a way to replace the radio head with a new one so that I can receive satillite radio? I'm trying to avoid throwing on one of those aftermarket ones. I'm just trying to keep it looking stock.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
TeleAid has it's own microphone in the car, and I believe it functions through the car stereo system. You have to subscribe to TeleAid in order to use it. No cell phone needed for TeleAid.

I'm not familiar with the 2003 S600 and the TeleAid system, but if it's analog, it will be useless soon as their switching from analog to digital.

Try a search with TeleAid. You'll get more thorough and correct answers.

·
Registered
2006 S55 renntech stage 4
38 Posts
You bought an S600 as your first Mercedes?? Hide your wallet and credit cards from the local service center!! Those v12's can be a huge money pit if not properly cared for.

·
Registered
2003 S600
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bcfos said:
You bought an S600 as your first Mercedes?? Hide your wallet and credit cards from the local service center!! Those v12's can be a huge money pit if not properly cared for.

10-4. So far I have performed all of my B service myself. So far so good.

·
Registered
07 SL55 AMG Designo White 2011 ML63 AMG Designo White
77 Posts
as far as the teleaid is concerned your car has its own intental equipment to dial out and does not use the carphone system......but regardless your system will not work after DEC 31 as Mercedes has upgraded to a digital network and you need to spend around $1700 to uprgrade your teleaid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts