Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
TECHBIKE --- I was wondering if you could post a picture of your CLK with the SSR GT3's....

I like those wheels...<br> <br> <br> Thanks alot.<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I thought I did...but here's one...

Bolts were too long in the rears but got replacements overnight from Luke. Then, I had a minor vibration and I went to my local Hunter guy; we found 1 bad tire and 1 marginal, and of course, Luke's sending me a new one; possibly 2. They're Yoko AVS 235s and 265s. Tirerack's also picking up expense for balancing check/mounting, etc. The wheels are gorgeous! People talk to me everywhere I stop. Even stoplights. I have to get tints now...I also just painted the corner marker lights black. I still get a very tiny bit of vibration at around 60-63mph, usually deccelerating. Do you get that? I'm beginning to think it may be the car. I'll take less'artistic' shots and post them to see the wheels better.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Arnee, FYI, I think I've licked the vibration prob...

...lem. After 4 tries. Tirerack made good and sent me a replacement rear tire that was found out of spec (according to Hunter GSP9700) and will credit the expenses I've incurred for rebalancing. I then rebalanced all 4 again, then redid the fronts once more since the tech did not do high/low point matching, etc. etc. I finally started having fun again; then I scraped one of the fronts on a belgian block-lined driveway! All in a month! Bummer. I just ordered a replacement, then I have to send the damaged wheel somewhere to be rebuilt.<br> I think with these cars, the sensitive and stiffer suspension tuning, then the low profile, high pressure and wide tires, It's more difficult to really get a fine balancing job. But once you get it right and smoothes out, it's really sweet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts