Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to remove some of the trim in the boot of my TE recently, and found two odd items hidden away behind the trim panels.<br> <br> First, in the left-hand rear wing there is a metal tank of about half a gallon capacity, which looks like it is connected to the main fuel tank. But what does it do?<br> <br> Second, under the kickplate at the bottom of the tailgate opening I've found that there is a big box section, in which are a series of indentations about the size of your fist, each one filled with a hemispherical plastic article. They don't appear to be connected to the body in any way, they have no moving parts. What on earth are they there for?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, not the one I'm talking about. On a TE the vacuum reservoir is right at the back under the boot floor (you can see it from underneath the car).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty certain the tank in the left rear-most inside panel (forward of the spare tire) is the fuel expansion tank.<br> <br> The other mystery item sounds like one of the rear suspension components.<br> <br> Joel<br> '85 300td<br> <br>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.