Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300TE 24V
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My recent purchase has a little rain leak it's from both sides of the rear fixed side glass, it's last owner garaged it when not in use.:confused:

Now the history of my TE is that it had 2 new rear arches fitted around 3 years ago at a cost of £1200:eek: I'm wondering if the glass was removed and is some how not seated or sealed correctly as the very corner of the rubber seal is wet as if rain water is getting in through the seal:eek:

The rear fixed windows seem to have a metal surround that has a couple of cross head screws in the door jam. Is it possible to remove this strip around the glass and re-seal with some silicone (if this is the problem) or will I cause damage and hate myself ? :surrender:

Or is this a common problem and water is getting in from another place ?

·
Cruise Control
'87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
52,233 Posts
Yes, nearly every S124 I've come across has shown signs of water leakage via those rear quarter window seals. You might try cleaning out the gaps and then applying some black silicone sealant, but I wouldn't hold my breath to see if it worked. More than likely this can only be addressed with new seals.

·
Registered
E550W4
1,879 Posts
You're like a walrus... you both want a tight seal.

I'd pull back that carpet and check underneath for mold or rust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts